Song no. 18 - sanity

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I am learning a new skill to make different videos in the future I am still having fun acting like an idiot in front of the camera...also this month: less reverbs that also are properly EQed...still a lot of work to do and stuff to learn but I am getting there. Special thanks to @ChamMusic - your feedback last time helped a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdt6HuNI-c

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn it...but I'll be honest: I had the idea of inserting the lyrics on the whiteboard while editing the video so that was bound to happen :D

Thanks!
This is just fyi: I stated the following thing on another one of my tracks before. Don't know which one but it's a thing for me.
I am not a huge fan of fx, especially not on vocals. The Doppler Dome I used for this song (during the pre-chorus, short solo'ed bass; best heard with headphones) is pretty much the max. Except for chorus on clean guitars...love tons of it if it fits. I know that nowadays everything is buried in effects, doubled tenfold and it's somewhat the standard. And I don't like that - which is part of the reason why I began mixing and recording my own music myself. I didn't (and don't) want it to end up sounding like nothing I want it to sound like. I am aiming for natural and glued together. A little polished. Which seems to be antiquated but it's what I want for my own work...a little rambling here but I don't want to leave the impression that I don't appreciate feedback. But I can't put my philosophy and goals with each post as this is song no. 18 and I release acoustic songs in between and...people would become quite annoyed.

Not my kind of music, but sounds well played and produced to my ears. The video is fun too.

Thanks a lot!
There was a lot more footage of me acting goofily mad in the room with the sink but...didn't want to overdo this.

that was fun, i just stepped back 40 years or so, wow

Return to “Music Cafe”