Questions about live studio jam.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried out my first real-time studio jam using a BeatStep Pro, various synths, and guitar. It was fun, but I still really want to figure a couple things out. I would like to find a way to create midi synced loops with the guitar that I can layer in real-time. Logic does not seem to be intuitive for this. Should I go with a Looper (with midi sync) or something like Ableton? Also, it is possible to assign controller to all keyboards to modulate keys at the same time? I'm assuming it should be, but wondering if I should do this from Logic or, a controller like the BeatStep Pro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8fbtQflo6U&t=391s
Gone synthing! :phones:

Enjoyed this ohmdsp! Lots of nice sounds going on and looks cool with the lighting. Guitar effects sound good. Beautiful lead... Love the energy of it...

Awesome set up you have there. I use logic for my tracks, such a fabulous DAW. If you are having trouble with logic and looping you could try MainStage. I played with it once and it has a myriad of possibilities including all sorts of midi triggering and looping.

Well done!

:)

Cheers,
John
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Enjoyed this a lot, nicely done! :tu:

I like the way that it built in intensity. You had really built up quite a head of steam by the end. This reminded of some of TDs live stuff from the late '70s or early '80s. Even the guitar tone was reminiscent of Mr. Froese.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”