Vequeros Del Espacio/Overture (Space Cowboys)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This another piece of music from my sci-fi-fi project.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/vaq ... iooverture

Nice track Phil! Very strident and grand.
Like the middle section, especially the lead.
Choir finish is cool.
Not sure about the very last note...
Is there a reason it is call sci-fi-fi?
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Hi Allomerus. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I've been working on a sci-fi opera/musical project that could be performed live or as video. I thought this one would work as the opening or overture for it. Some of the numbers are When Robots Fall In Love, Dark/Light Matter, March Of The Clones and others. It's not a cohesive story but these are short scenes like The Illustrated Man that make statements.

The last note is where I added an octave above note which is a little screechy but I think it would work in this context.

I have listened to some of your other sections, I recall, and it will be interesting when finished. The subject matter also interests me.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

There are some really nice melodies in this track, and it's generally fun to listen to it. The choral and synth elements blend together well, and I think the occasional shouts from the choir serve very nicely as transitions from one section to another. Good luck with the larger project!

Thanks for the positive comments davidstiles!

I never know what I'll come up with when I start messing around. Hopefully a few more will pop up that will fit into my sci-fi project idea.

fastlanephil,
Thank you for the review! Now your song. It might be in sync, though the pulsing synth and hand clap percussion thing didn't go that well together for me rhythmically. I got more used to it as the song played though. Other than that, it sounded pretty good to me. The "vocals" were a plus. Nice melodies.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”