March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kryptonaut wrote:I think the 3-minute limit could maybe be relaxed - I know the music has to be composed specifically for the contest but it's also good to have something worth keeping at the end of it, and I have many pieces now which are 2:58 to 3:00 long when they probably would have been better a bit longer. A 3-minute limit is maybe reasonable if there are 30-40 tracks to audition, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days :( so I'd suggest a limit of 5 minutes, with no obligation to actually be that long
+1000 :tu:

kryptonaut wrote:I think the 3-minute limit could maybe be relaxed - I know the music has to be composed specifically for the contest but it's also good to have something worth keeping at the end of it, and I have many pieces now which are 2:58 to 3:00 long when they probably would have been better a bit longer. A 3-minute limit is maybe reasonable if there are 30-40 tracks to audition, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days so I'd suggest a limit of 5 minutes, with no obligation to actually be that long.
This would be a very good rule change.

:dog: Wow :dog:
While listening to "The Drop That Contained The Sea" I realized it couldn't be more different from what I usually try to do... :hihi:
It doesn't inspire me much, although it's nice to listen to

I'm looking for inspiration elsewhere :shrug:

kryptonaut wrote:
I think the 3-minute limit could maybe be relaxed
I would support as far as 3 minutes 30, well 3 mins 33 seconds - more metel! Any longer and the prog-rokk coefficient starts to exponentially rise with each passing second.

Anyway, I'm in this month. Don't know where it came from (probably ripped off from somewhere else, that's where :hihi:), but I'm going for a full on dance-pop thing with tarnce sinthesiser and all.

I would also want to see longer songs for ex 5 min.

The Drop That Contained The Sea, wasn't my thing, didn't remind me of water at all.

wow, cool theme

hope I can cobble something together worthy of your listening to . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

@donkey tugger : wow! :o that was fast...

Laguna Rising wrote:@donkey tugger : wow! :o that was fast...
To be fair I'd had the verse chord progression ages on acoustic guitar (completely different key and strummed!) but never did anything with it. I wrote the lyrics and did the singing (one take..) at 5.30 this morning when I woke up with a hangover after a works do. The neighbours love me. :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote:The neighbours love me. :hihi:
:lol:

I must admit I'm a little sad to see my posting history gone from when I first found KVR (back in like 2005, I think?). I was a semi-regular song contest participant. Didn't the domain name used to be different too? I feel so old.

I've made it a point to start making more music again. I hope I can use the song contest as a method to do that. Happy Sunday to all!

Also very intrigued by the theme. Hope I can get to it this month.

Not that I would ever put myself in this category, but one great piece that comes to mind is La Mer by Claude Debussy. Not sure how he would have done with a 3 min. limit, however. :wink:

I'm in with a total goof of a tune

I think I've found a new technique to record my acoustic. Only 8 bars this go-around (x2) using a Joni Mitchell tuning but want to explore this more.

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

This contest used to be a lot of fun !!!... .. . :clown:
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Return to “Music Cafe”