DT - Fortune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

f**k it, acoustic guitar purchase was a bad idea, I seem to be turning into The Verve, though I'll wager I need to lose a few stone to look like old Dickie Ashcroft :-o :hihi:

Well, it was about time I wrote a proper song. :oops:

EDIT, and here is the version with Har's slidey guitar on it;

fortune
Last edited by donkey tugger on Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

whew,
what a cool freakin' tune.
nice, nice job!

Excellent tune and production as usual! 8) And I do like the Nick McCabe style slide guitar in there near the end (if indeed that's what it actually was!). :wink:

(and hey, if you feel like really pushing the Verve envelope with even more echo-y McCabe-style guitar stuff, let me know! :D :lol:)
Last edited by Har on Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

errr....you've seemed to have misplaced your distortion pedal :wink:

nice acoustic geetar sound there. top vocals as always, but good god man, have you gone soft :x

:P

lates

t-willy

donkey tugger,

Great music, great natural voice.

Question from a newbie.
Are you a one man band?

Greetings,

Har wrote:Excellent tune and production as usual! 8) And I do like the Nick McCabe style slide guitar in there near the end (if indeed that's what it actually was!). :wink:
yeah, I liked that too and only hoped there might be a little more of it.
never mind t-willy, he's just a youngster
:hihi:
Last edited by bluedad on Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Har wrote:
(and hey, if you feel like really pushing the Verve envelope with even more echo-y McCabe-style guitar stuff, let me know! :D :lol:)
Hehe. well, I actually programmed that bit; I tried playing it but got frustrated with the f**ker! :lol: Slide is too hard! If you can do a proper job I'd be much obliged! :oops:

Distortion pedal? Whassat then? :lol: :-o

Yes, I am a one man band, just me and Mr AMD anyway. :D

bluedad wrote:never mind t-willey, he's just a youngster
:hihi:
old man can't even spell my name right :wink: :lol:

lates

t-willy

:oops:
:lol:
(kids)

donkey tugger wrote:Hehe. well, I actually programmed that bit; I tried playing it but got frustrated with the f**ker! :lol: Slide is too hard! If you can do a proper job I'd be much obliged! :oops:
Hell, how can I resist...I'm on it! :D

What's the BPM on this thang? :)

Har wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:Hehe. well, I actually programmed that bit; I tried playing it but got frustrated with the f**ker! :lol: Slide is too hard! If you can do a proper job I'd be much obliged! :oops:
Hell, how can I resist...I'm on it! :D

What's the BPM on this thang? :)
79 at the last count!

Nice production Donks!!

REALLY NICE SONG MR. TUGGER. I think this is the first of yours I downloaded. Especially like the little slide parts floating around. The accoustic was a good buy as far as I an concerned. Very well done. :)

nice fills dood.

nice ass too.

(am i not around enuf anymore to give you shit?) :P
worst signature evar

OK! Well, Duane Allman I definitely ain't and my slide technique's a little rusty, but what the hell... :lol:

Fortune w/Har Slide guitars

Quick shite mix of course (I figure if Donk likes it, he can definitely take what I did and then mix it properly :)) ...I'm kinda happy with the quiet little atmospheric slide fills I did during the beginning parts. For the giant wall o' sludge when everything kicks in for the climax near the end I was trying for more of that monster space-echo-y Nick McCabe/Verve kind of effect... :D

BTW: did anyone else think of the beginning of the Hum tune "Stars" when they first heard this tune (especially the very quiet parts)...?

Return to “Music Cafe”