garret: new pop tune Silver King (updated mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been awhile since I posted something in progress. 8)

Here's a tune I've been working on for a few weeks... It still needs a bit of work, but I'm eager to get some feedback on the composition and arrangement.

Silver King

Thanks for listening!

-Garret
P.S. For the uninitiated, you might like this if you like Belle and Sebastian, the Sea and Cake, the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson, cheezy Paul McCartney tunes or glorious Beatles tunes, and/or 70s middle of the the road pop your mum loves. :oops:
Last edited by garret on Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey it sounds great.
Nice song good voice nice arrangment BUT....
I don't like the drum arrangment.
Was it made from loops?
It just doesn't feel right to my ears.

AndrewSimon wrote:Hey it sounds great.
Nice song good voice nice arrangment
Thanks! :)
BUT.... I don't like the drum arrangment.
Was it made from loops?
It just doesn't feel right to my ears.
Yah, that's one of the things that needs a lot more work. :oops: The drums aren't from loop cds, but just a few quick patterns I repeat throughout the tune... when I get time I'll fix them up to sound more natural.

-Garret

Sweet. Great tune, and the little interlude was in just the right spot. The overall progression was very satisfying, too.

Sounds like you've changed mics or something. It was more up front than previous tracks from you. I think you could really milk the harmony vocal thing that comes in toward the end, maybe going for something huge sounding to contrast with the intimacy of the rest of the piece.

:love:

It's been too long 8)

Good to hear you again Garret

Yeah change the drums around (or let Shane help you out here, as I think his percussion would fair well here)

Good tune! I like the drum arrangement, except for the kick. The interlude is really cool! 8)
Besides the kick, I'd leave it how it is.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Sounds very good, I like the horns :) (And everything else except the kick)

This is a nice tune, I like your voice and singing.
I do however agree on the drum comments. There's something weird going on, especially in every second bar when the kick does the 8ths all the way until the "3 and".
You should change that IMO.
Also, the kicks staring in the bridge-like part at 1:39 are too brutal for my taste.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

garret wrote:and/or 70s middle of the the road pop your mum loves. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: .. thats great!

garret! .. :oops: .. oh, how superb you sing this song! Better than ever .. top!
And the instrumentation is, as with all your songs, so good. warm sounding, nice harmonies .. it all fits.

thank you for the music garret,
you´re still in my top-3 of kvr

putte

This really have your unique sound !! :love:
Very nice song Garret, beautifull arrangment (except the kick :wink: ) and great voice as usual....

I find the phaser/flanger (?) drums in the middle part around 2'00 is disturbing and a little "easy" effect.

I've just listened to this song several times and i love it... :D

Sounded suspiciously like an electric guitar in there? :-o Whatever next? Heavy Metel? :hihi:

Lovely tune, though I have to agree with others that something odd is going on with the drums.... :shock:

f*** ay, this is good. You can sing so well...

The brush snare sounds great. IMHO I think it's the sound of the Kick that's wrong, too much mid-range and too boomy.

But still an amazing song...

Ben

great song :D
you voice sounds like coldplay... really mellow... i like it a lot! :) i even like it so much il download it to me !
by

lovely tune garret. I put you in the same class as putte and ixox as having that 'sound' I strive for, but don't come close.

top stuff once again, Garrett :)
Loved this wee track just as much as I love your other stuff.

scuzzphut jr. (he's 8 ) says that I have to tell you that he likes your songs, too. Particularly your May contest entry "Accomplishing, believing" :D

Return to “Music Cafe”