A few guitar songs.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

We have been away from home for a month on holiday - no guitar - was brutal.

Thought I would finish up some ideas and try to get a few tunes done.

All guitars are one or two takes with minor edits, I usually record the track twice then flip back and forth between the better bits - obviously an imperfect approach and there are mistakes but it's a much more honest representation as I didn't spend weeks working on stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/postalpro/sets/lel

Wintering In Borneo - Old song, written when I first met Dimitar on this very board (way back). Re-did everything, original project files lost years ago.

Centipede - Had this idea recorded ages ago, arrangement maybe needs some work.

Float - Simple.

I write simple music for the guitar that could concievably be played in a 3 piece, I use simple chords, arrangements and sparse instrumentation and try to focus on melody but.. not always successful lol.

All "lead" guitar - $169 AUD Artist Guitars chinese strat copy, Wilkinson pickups (stock) and a random $8 Bridge "Hot Rails" from Ebay. First project guitar, Scalloped frets and stuff after a full fret level/crown.
Into Boss Katana, brown channel 65% gain flat EQ no effects - $30 isk dynamic mic, Tascam US-16x08.
All delay and verb are basic cubase plugins.
Bass - Direct comp + eq, mild verb.
Superior Drummer - Metal Foundry - Altered "default" preset.
Other guitars are direct with Boss GT-5 but I just did those quick for some sonic variation.
I play guitar

Bump, for the poor note choice :D
I play guitar

Sounds good!
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

I didn't know Superior Drummer, Metal Foundry, could sound that good. You're a great player. I like that it's a (tiny bit) rough and ready. Just shows, people don't need the best gear in the world to make the best music. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Too right Aloysius - learning a bit about slightly more advanced guitar setup and buying a few basic tools (notched straight edge, files, straight sanding blocks etc) means I have been able to make all of my guitars really playable, even the cheapest guitars I have ($99 AUD) are miles better than my brother's Modern American Strat. I still have a mid range Ibanez RG but the reason I bought some cheap guitars and went on this journey was so I could practice before I re-do the frets on the Ibanez which I really didn't want to screw up.

The metal foundry settings are something I came up with while trying to make a kit to go with acoustic guitars - I load it up and use the default kit - add a few cymbals, maybe change the snare or kick etc. I generally bring the cymbal/hats levels down a dB or two, then use mild "buss" comp and reverb. Last step is to add +2.2 dB highshelf at around 1150hz which on cubase means you scoop a little mids with the default curve.

As for the rough and ready.. ha, it's the reality of me performing the songs instead of just playing them part by part a thousand times until they are perfect but lack any risk or improvisational element.

Getting the ideas "finished" somewhat was the goal here so that melodies and perhaps instrumentation can mature over time.

Thanks for listening.
I play guitar

centeped: highly enjoyed here! I could imagine silverchair-alike vocals to complete the song.
thumbs up :tu:

Good guitar parts! I enjoyed listening a lot! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Excellent. Not usually a fan of instrumental only music (or long solos!) but these kept me listening. Great live feel and the production/mixing really suits it. Nice.

Great to see you still around tugger, thanks for the kind words.
I play guitar

:tu:
I enjoyed all that

Great playing and songs. Really nice themes. It reminded me of Steve Vai.

Return to “Music Cafe”