morricone-irresistibleforce-hybrid......hybrid!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks

this is the first time I've posted my music on here, so please be kind! It's best described as a fusion of those artists mentioned in the subject...

the URL to the file is http://komosa.brinkster.net/komosa%20-%20mind&brain.mp3 (7.3 megs)

I hope some of you like it!
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

really well done.

NMCOT, but everything sounds great.

What did you use to make this track? We like to pick heads around here :P

Whichever the influences, I very much enjoy what I am hearing here.

Which instrument did you use for the plucky violins?

thanks for the feedback :D

y'know what? it's not really my cup of tea either! I always want to make something clever and avante-garde but it always veers towards cheese/prog....I'm kind of resigned to it now

It was made in FLStudio, using several instances of synth1, soundfonts for strings, choir and dulcimer (not sure if they're 'legit or not as I downloaded them from the net ages ago - I naively assumed they were at the time.....but they could be :wink: ). Plus there's a little bit of TS404 and Fruity Keys. Most of the pads and beats are my own samples that have been mangled and adapted many times over so I couldn't really say what instruments were used for those...

it's always nice to see people into hybrid!

this is a very pleasant piece, i'll have to try having a listen on some decent speakers :D . especially it sounds fantastic when the pace picks up after the interlude section :) impressive. nice chords in there too - tho perhaps too many for me to follow! i feel that there should be a more 'definite' hook/line in there too - something to sit over the arpeggiated synth line (which is really all over the place - but that's not a bad thing at all! i feel it should sit further back tho and have another line pulling you along a more even path). does that make sense?

it's a very nice track tho i'm sure i'll listen to it many times. thanks for sharing it
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

very nice indeed
great production
great atmosphere
sounds fantastic

not very morricone if you ask me :D although I can understand how he's an influence

big thumbs up 8)
the best song I've heard here on KvR so far
I'd buy a CD full of this

can you by any change 'lend' me those string and choir fonts?
Last edited by spaceman on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

haydxn wrote: nice chords in there too - tho perhaps too many for me to follow! i feel that there should be a more 'definite' hook/line in there too - something to sit over the arpeggiated synth line (which is really all over the place - but that's not a bad thing at all! i feel it should sit further back tho and have another line pulling you along a more even path). does that make sense?

I think you're trying to turn it into something it isn't :wink: .. nothing in the song bothers me in any way and that's what counts I guess (the arp is 'all over the place' because it probably was meant to be all over the place :) ). I think the composer made it just the way he wanted it, which by definition, makes it perfect and complete

The song feels finished, logical and believable
a very nice journey
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Smashing stuff :phones:

hi there jbravo :)

this was an interesting listening, and i could hear the morricone "touch" (being a big fan of the man as well).
It was good to hear that you try to go a rather original way, in arranging .. the hybrid thing.

My "but" would be the choice of sounds, but then again its just a matter of taste. I´d love to hear some rather unusual sounds in this work you did here, as it would emphasize your approach. (the "morricone-sound" in the beginning is very nice).

The string-arrangements are really fine .. wow .. :)

Hmmm .. i cant really explain what i want to tell you, but i´d love to hear you using more original sounds to do the job .. ;) ..

thanks for sharing, jbravo .. keep on and on and on

putte

yeah Haydxn, I did consider for a minute when I'd finished it, that it doesn't contain a distinct, seperate melody so I know what you mean.... I guess I felt that it worked as it is, otherwise I'm sure I would have added one :wink: . I tend to just let the things evolve and add elements that suggest themselves to me rather than start out with a preconceived idea of the structure.

I was a bit dubious about putting it on here, because I thought I'd be deluged by people saying "I like it but it needs X, Y or Z" which is mostly just down to personal taste. All any of us can do is make it sound the way we like it best, even if it sounds weird to everyone else - that way I think it's a valuable piece of self-expression, which I think is what Spaceman is getting at.

btw, that's not a whinge - just thinking aloud!

But thanks for all the compliments everyone!

you can get the choir soundfont from here: http://oui.com.br/n/content.php?content.9 and yes it is legit!

Top tune this 8)

What are the vocal samples? Sound interesting.

Interesting you used FL Studio, your tune shows you've managed to avoid the getting-stuck-repeating-and-alternating-loops trap that i always fall into in FL, nice one

JIm

you're right Putte! I prefer more interesting/less fluffy sounds, but sometimes they just run away on their own and it's too late to change them.... It is a bit of a frustration for me :?

yeah i know, spaceman :D i love that it's all over the place, that's what i tried to say! :) my ears just felt the need for something slightly more consistent in there with it to guide me along, but i'm not knocking it at all. i'm probably just used to that kind of arp line being more of a background sound. sorry for being greedy! i think it's a sign that i want more music from you JB!

i really do think this track is great. I've already listenned to it a load of times and as i've said i will surely listen to it many more. Hybrid are my favourite act and it's great to hear music that is similar and yet with its own unique character. (and my cup of tea!)

i'm greatly looking forward to hearing more of your work JBravo.
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Hi Hunter

the vocal samples are taken from a BBC documentary about near-death experiences. I'm quite nostalgic for wibbly '90s ambient techno which had lots of silly sounbites about aliens, spirituality etc. As the samples are used without permission I had to host the file on my own site - though it's not as if I'm selling a product (yet) it's purely for the sake of art, so my conscience is clear! :)

[quote="Jbravo" It is a bit of a frustration for me :?[/quote]

i know this feeling actually, as its not the most easiest task to always create "original" sounds .. but then again a wild "childish" usage of effects on instruments can help a lot .. combining several plugs, tweaking the knobs like crazy to finally realize "wow, it was a pad sound in the beginning, wasn´t it?"

:)

putte

Return to “Music Cafe”