No Room, Update

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am exhausted from a grueling 3 days of work, I will be taking tomorrow off to finish this. The end results of working a physically demanding job.

http://www.iuma.com/site-bin/mp3gen/135 ... o_Room.mp3

What do you think so far. More I want to add, but will wait till I have more room in my head. 8)
Last edited by Soniccat on Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

some nice sounds here bruce 8)
only listening quiet at the moment tho so cant say too much but to me it sounds ok
like i said tho too quiet for a good mix comparison but composition wise its a winner :)

Thanks John, do you mean that you can't listen to it louder or that I should make the mix louder? I will be doing more tomorrow so I will play around with the mix some. 8)

sorry should have made it clear
its 5 am my speakers are on low 8)

Ok, just checking. 8)

Ack... sectionz the site that is non-member-unfriendly :(

Sorry Mark, did not have the room on my ftp, I changed the link so it is more accessable. user friendly now. 8)

http://home.earthlink.net/~novasonic/No%20Room.mp3

Thanks Bruce... tops allready..

Only thing I regret is the sounds at the beginning (which remind me of several species of small furry animals) that they never come back :(

There is something about the chord progression (especially around 3.30) that reminds me of a huge house-hit (to which I cannot remember the name)

And I must admit though that this is a rather quiet and soft mix.

Get some tubing and compression going on to push some of these sounds forward a bit :)

The mix is very quiet in this one, will probably do another version tomorrow. I did have the tracks set to add some of the sounds from the beginning to re-emerge during the last section with the arp but got tired and needed to stop working on this, figured since I was not going to work tomorrow I could concentrate more. More gain and compression is on the list of things to focus on, thanks for the advice. 8)

OK a new version is up, all the parts are there, mix seems good enough. May try one more pass to add some eq but it sounds good as is. any comments? 8)

http://www.iuma.com/site-bin/mp3gen/135 ... o_Room.mp3

Been playing for a while here now whilst doing some reading :D

And its just beautiful; way improved mix 8)

If any suggestions I would say a bit more daring dynamics in the sense of slow fades in and out of the separate sounds going on to near silent breaks.

But that could be my own ears only

Thanks Mark, been doing this for better part of the afternoon so I will stop here and maybe pick-up again tomorrow. Your suggestions sound good will try that and see what I come up with, there are some spots i think that need to be reigned in some and probably will do that with them. I trust your ears, never failed me yet :) 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”