Roland vintage analog Synth-pop w/Telecaster and outboard effects

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the days when life was carefree and fun. The sun was always shining and you were the kings and queens of the universe. You went to the movies with friends and E.T. was the blockbuster of the year.

Gear used is my old analog Roland synths and drum machines and one Fender Telecaster.

Roland JX-8P for strings/pads, Alpha Juno 2 for bells, Juno 6 for bass and Roland TR-626 for drums.
Strymon BigSky Reverb and T.C. Flashback Delay make this recording pretty much all hardware except for the mixing and mastering stages.

https://soundcloud.com/espenkraft/espen ... those-days

I love it! Great '80s vibe, just as many of your other tracks.
Perhaps slightly too much drenched in reverb though that's typical for the '80s.
Don't quite making music :tu:
Last edited by Timfonie on Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Really enjoyable and competent track :tu:

TBH, I'm unsure about offering this criticism about the vocal level, as
a) it's a matter of personal preference and
b) the track has already been released (so this criticism is in many ways superfluous),

but to my ears the vocal seems to get slightly lost around 30 seconds ''used to be'' (and in a couple of other short places on the track too) compared to the other instrument levels.
However, at all other times the vocal level is in balance well with the other instruments.

I'd be tempted to either ride the vocal again in those places or maybe boost the vocal level by about 1DB throughout the track.

Good energy, lovely feel and a nice summery sound :phones:

Timfonie wrote:I love it! Great '80s vibe, just as many of your other tracks.
Perhaps slightly too much drenched in reverb though that's typical for the '80s.
Don't quite making music :tu:
Thanks! I know it's heavy on the reverb, but that's part of my 80s love and I honestly felt I couldn't go less :hihi:

dark water wrote:Really enjoyable and competent track :tu:

TBH, I'm unsure about offering this criticism about the vocal level, as
a) it's a matter of personal preference and
b) the track has already been released (so this criticism is in many ways superfluous),

but to my ears the vocal seems to get slightly lost around 30 seconds ''used to be'' (and in a couple of other short places on the track too) compared to the other instrument levels.
However, at all other times the vocal level is in balance well with the other instruments.

I'd be tempted to either ride the vocal again in those places or maybe boost the vocal level by about 1DB throughout the track.

Good energy, lovely feel and a nice summery sound :phones:
Thanks for the detailed feedback! Yes, I can certainly agree with your criticism regarding vocal levels. I've mixed a bunch of different versions of the the track to find the optimal level and had to settle on something. If I decide to remix it in the future, I'll watch that part carefully! :)

Great track for summer!
This is a great 80s feel and it doesn't seem 80s cheezy. Cool.
Like your setup.
Well done
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:Great track for summer!
This is a great 80s feel and it doesn't seem 80s cheezy. Cool.
Like your setup.
Well done
:)
Thanks man!

Return to “Music Cafe”