ConsolationProject - Reaching (New mixdown)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New song guys

http://cave.spinheaddev.com/TheConsolat ... aching.mp3

Lemme know

(vocals will be re-recorded, acoustic guitars will be changed)

ROnC
Last edited by rpc9943 on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i like your song-writing , and the emotion
that so obviously permeates your work ...
you have defined a persona , a sound , i find myself enjoying ...

however ...
this mix could really be improved upon ...

... oh... I like this... it's kinda cool 8)

Though In the first few seconds I was wanting the distorted drums to be changed with non distorted, clearer drums. If it was me doing the mixing i'd keep them distorted for a bit then move to a clean sound.

not sure about the fake ending at 1:30... But it just be me though!.

Ben

Thanks for the compliments! That is my rough draft, I'm definately going to work on it more. I wrote and recorded this all in one night... Ive been listening to it and will change things accordingly, however- is there anything that stands out that needs to be fixed?

RonC

i'd like to know a little more about your set-up , prior to making any suggestions ...

I use tracktion. Drums are sfz, i used synger for that wailing synth sound, sfz for strings, 4module bass guitar... I exported the tracks into adobe audition (formerly cool edit pro) - and from there I did some final mixing, and then recorded my acoustic guitar and vocals, then electric guitar.

There are spots during the "jam" section on my acoustic that I was trying to be brave in more or less improvising that in the end sounded kind of sloppy. I think ill just record over those parts with the chord progression.

My vocals, especially in the beginning and middle, the "verses" if you will definately need to change. I'm going to re-record all of them.

I'll let you guys know when its all set :)

RonC

I have absolutely not much to say on this other then that I am allready quite crazy about it.

I like what Glooper suggested, although those drums sound pretty life-like allready. Great playing and programming allready, and I can't wait to hear improved versions :D

thanks guys! I'm uploading the new version under the same name as before! So overwrite it or whatnot with the above link. I fixed the guitars and vocals, and the overall mix. I feel it still sounds a bit muddy but I'm liking it.

RonC

errmmm ...
where's the rest ?...
d'l only reaches 1.33 ...

the mix is much better ...
particularly the vocals ...
i still find the drums a tad flat , but it's not offensive , and may actually be part of the sound you are trying to create ... i wouldn't mind hearing a few different versions ...

anyway ... a noticable improvement ...

add edit ]:
re-d/l'ing ... seems to be the entire piece now ... server seems a bit sluggish ...

again i apologize for server speed :(

RonC

new update - see top link to hear refined mix

RonC

Perhaps wise to edit the title mentioning the update ;)

I must say this has improved quite a bit. Fuller and richer and just more power.

Demi on :!:

Return to “Music Cafe”