Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Allomerus
KVRAF

1746 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 pm Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Expensive Notes Ambient Gadget
Experimenting with Korg Gadget on iPad. Everything done in gadget.

Gadget Synths:
Gladstone (drums)
Kiev
Helsinki
Berlin

Thanks for listens and feedback,
John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqEfcEVY-so
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
layzer
KVRAF

4543 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:30 pm Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

nice chill improv, John. space sounds nice and big.
ahh the studio of the future... 25key controller and a laptop/tablet.
My hardware studio sits unused for over a year now.
one day i'll hit that master power switch and bring it
to life for old times sake! :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:37 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

layzer wrote:nice chill improv, John. space sounds nice and big.
ahh the studio of the future... 25key controller and a laptop/tablet.
My hardware studio sits unused for over a year now.
one day i'll hit that master power switch and bring it

Thanks layzer. In the future someone will want to use your gear. It will become fashionable again. Do you have to turn it on every now and then to give it run?... :hihi:
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
seismic1
KVRAF

8546 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:45 pm Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Those synths sound very good, and the piece has a "SciFi wasteland" vibe. The lead has more than a hint of Vangelis about it.

Good work :)

layzer wrote:one day i'll hit that master power switch and bring it

Make sure that it's a controlled power restore. We don't need another global IT outage. :wink:
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:15 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

seismic1 wrote:Those synths sound very good, and the piece has a "SciFi wasteland" vibe. The lead has more than a hint of Vangelis about it.

Good work :)

layzer wrote:one day i'll hit that master power switch and bring it

Make sure that it's a controlled power restore. We don't need another global IT outage. :wink:

Thanks Tim. The SciFi Wasteland was probably in my head when I did this. The lead was something I just made up, I haven't listened to Vangelis really, perhaps I should ;).
Cheers
John.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
aaron aardvark
KVRian

1306 posts since 22 Jan, 2011, from near Los Angeles

Postby aaron aardvark; Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:19 pm Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Allo,
Thank you for listening and commenting! Now your song: you did provide a video, so I can't complain about that. It was somewhat interesting to see you in action. The music seemed like it would be good for background music for a video with nature scenery (whether it be a movie, or just something interesting to watch) whose look matches the mood of the visuals. Not real elaborate, but still pretty nice.
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:11 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Thanks Aaron. As you say it's not elaborate, but that was the intention. Hopefully the feel of it comes through. All the best... :)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
fastlanephil
KVRist

309 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

I liked the music. It reminded a little of the Bowie electronic music experiments of the mid seventies.

I've thought about getting a hardware synth to mess around with. Maybe performing live using one but in this area but that's probably just a fantasy. We'd probably get assaulted. :D
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

720 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

chill ambient, but a bit sleepy. could use some developing that pad/lead
Frantz
KVRAF

4253 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:13 pm Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

I was thinking it sounds like a slow march through a desert on a distant planet. Or a "SciFi wasteland" to borrow Tim's succinct description. ;)

I think the mix and sound design could be improved a little in a DAW with more advanced synths but it was perfectly acceptable especially considering it was done in real time in an iPad app.

Nice job. :tu:
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

fastlanephil wrote:I liked the music. It reminded a little of the Bowie electronic music experiments of the mid seventies.

I've thought about getting a hardware synth to mess around with. Maybe performing live using one but in this area but that's probably just a fantasy. We'd probably get assaulted. :D

Thanks Phil. Appreciate your comment.

I think you should get a hardware synth and live on the edge.... (or in the fast lane. :dog: )
You could do country music with it. :D
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:17 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Jesse Gorter wrote:chill ambient, but a bit sleepy. could use some developing that pad/lead

Thanks Jesse. Great to hear from you. However, I like it as it is...
Best of luck with your new album. I'll listen to more when I get a chance.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Allomerus
KVRAF

Postby Allomerus; Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 am Re: Expensive Notes - Ambient - Korg Gadget

Frantz wrote:I was thinking it sounds like a slow march through a desert on a distant planet. Or a "SciFi wasteland" to borrow Tim's succinct description. ;)

I think the mix and sound design could be improved a little in a DAW with more advanced synths but it was perfectly acceptable especially considering it was done in real time in an iPad app.

Nice job. :tu:

Thanks Frantz! Great to hear from you again. Hope you are well. Enjoyed your latest track.
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe