"We, Each Other" - new [loud] song from dysamoria

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the gear and location suggestions! :-)

I've actually been considering an audio device for my iPad, so remote location recording is a possible future option, if I find such a place. I'd have to travel a great distance to do it and I know no such place where I'd be welcome to make my own noise.

I live in an urban environment. It's a small town with big town noise passing through it. I hate it. It's killing my sanity (only somewhat recently recovered)...

But it's still an intriguing idea.

I was wondering about those reflection "filters" that are placed directly behind microphones. Do they help?

I have a rug slung up behind me, so it's the ceiling and front wall in front of me that are probably the biggest problems (the left wall has various non-contiguous flat surfaces with objects, while the right wall is mostly flat but has a set of sheets hanging to direct the airflow of an air conditioner; I should hang thicker materials). I've considered trying to hang more stuff on the other walls. It's not without cost but theoretically is less costly than buying real studio treatment materials (and I'm absolutely no good with construction; I'd love to build cheap treatment options but they still cost and I suck at math and have no tools).

I'd rather a dead-ish room than an acoustically-ugly one (I can always treat deader microphone recordings but I cannot remove room sounds in post).

A reflection filter mounted behind a mic seems a rather low-cost option to assist in hiding the room sound, but I don't know if they work or are just a product to sell to people who don't know that. Also, I'm not sure one of these mic backing filters would attach to my mic stand without major changes to my setup. I hang my mic upside down on a boom to get it near me (the stand sits on the only available floor space: trapped firmly behind/under the desk).

Yes, I'm a designer but no one seems to want to pay for such services anymore when flat design trends allow everyone to do junk for cheap (ie: "No thanks, I can do that myself"). I'm also not going to do trendy flat design for someone as a job, either. I have my ethics ;-) I really should've only ever been a fine artist, not a designer in corporate. It's just not me.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Interesting stuff. You've got a bit of the Michael Stipe about your voice, which is nice in contrast to the industrial style music.

To me, from what I can hear of it, the vocal performance here is basically sound and I think what you've got could be perfectly usable with some production tweaks and obviously turning it up. :D

Just veering off slightly, you mentioned about a portable mic. I've got a couple of these and can't recommend them highly enough;

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/produc ... nes/gomic/

Very low noise, zero latency monitoring, good recording quality, and tiny!

Victor Kiam liked that mic so much, he bought the company :ud:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
:hihi:

Now you really are showing your age..

donkey tugger wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
:hihi:

Now you really are showing your age..
:lol: :lol: Certainly at an age where I derive enjoyment making jokes that only a few people will get :tu:

I got it. Guess I'm old enough :-O :cry:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

donkey tugger wrote:Interesting stuff. You've got a bit of the Michael Stipe about your voice, which is nice in contrast to the industrial style music.
Thank you for listening and commenting. :-)

It's interesting that you referenced Michael Stipe. I trained myself to sing by singing along to three things the most (in chronological order):

1. R.E.M.
2. Depeche Mode
3. Nine Inch Nails

I'm not sure I have my own voice, but I'm glad these influences were there because I love to sing and the vocalists in these three acts kind of taught me to do so, in different styles.
donkey tugger wrote:To me, from what I can hear of it, the vocal performance here is basically sound and I think what you've got could be perfectly usable with some production tweaks and obviously turning it up. :D
I admit I'm being lazy about re-mixing this. I really ought to, but for all the air conditioner noise and my sense of self-conscious conspicuousness ...
donkey tugger wrote:Just veering off slightly, you mentioned about a portable mic. I've got a couple of these and can't recommend them highly enough;

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/produc ... nes/gomic/

Very low noise, zero latency monitoring, good recording quality, and tiny!
I'll take a look. Thanks for the link. :tu:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

annode wrote:I think your vocal is good also, but not at all processed well.(I can't give any assistance in that area) There are quite a few problems production wise
it lacks dynamic range. just like that biodiode dudes tracks.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”