Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
metalifuxx
KVRAF

2261 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Detroit

Postby metalifuxx; Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:27 pm Project with world reknown jazz guitarist Fareed Haque and Isaac Ryder!! (Funk/Jazz Fusion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6-6lJTbZsE

I haven't posted anything in a while here because I've been busy with my main day job and many after work free lance audio/video projects, hockey and life in general.

Although I didn't have any part in the audio production (Dallas Barr did all the engineering/multi track mixing etc.) in this, my new free lance hobby business venture is filming and editing multi cam video for live bands/shows.

My buddy Joel Isaac Rydecki (the Isaac Ryder band) is a talented guitar player and musician who is constantly playing shows around the whole lower Michigan area. He is well connected and networked to many of the areas top pro gigging and session players.

Joel got the recent opportunity to have world acclaimed classical/jazz fusion guitarist Fareed Haque sit in for his new live album which was multi track record and multi cam filmed, for which I did all the video work.

IF you don't know who Fareed Haque is, he has played and sat in with everyone from Sting, Joe Zawinful, Arturo Sandoval and lots of musicians in the jam band music scene. He has records on Warner Bros. and Blue Note Records. Aside from sit ins and his own bands Garaj Mahal and Math Games, he is a professor of Classical/Jazz guitar at Northwestern Illinois University, as well as having numerous guitar instructional videos on youtube/DVD (TrueFire). Named Guitar Player Magazine's "Top World Guitarist" in 2009.
Last edited by metalifuxx on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
sbj
KVRian

1023 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Old Zealand

Postby sbj; Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:21 pm Re: Project with world reknown jazz guitarist Fareed Haque and Isaac Ryder!! (Funk/Jazz Fusion)

Cool stuff :tu:

I like how effortlessly they make it look like.

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp
It's hard...To be soft
seismic1
KVRAF

8634 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:15 pm Re: Project with world reknown jazz guitarist Fareed Haque and Isaac Ryder!! (Funk/Jazz Fusion)

These guys are good, and the recording was sweet. I really enjoyed the section that featured the drums. Thanks for the video.

Good work :)

P.S. I think the reformed Brand X are playing in Ferndale in September. if you're into the Jazz/Rock/Fusion scene.
metalifuxx
KVRAF

2261 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Detroit

Postby metalifuxx; Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:30 pm Re: Project with world reknown jazz guitarist Fareed Haque and Isaac Ryder!! (Funk/Jazz Fusion)

The drummer Caleb Robinson has some serious chops and he is not even 21 yet. He'll be going places. I've seen him kill it on only a 3 peice kit with one Hi-hat. This was the biggest kit I've seen him play on.

The keyboard player Omar Taji plays in another band electro jazz fusion band called Liquid Monk. They just got signed to a jazz sub label of Warner Bros. The people on KVR might dig his group more, as Omar has an expanded live rig with them, and has a midi controller and pads with Ableton going for auxiliary electro beats (the band also has a drummer) , and he also takes care of all the bass duties with the Moog, as well as main keys with the Nord and other sonic ear candy.

Lots of good music happening around the Detroit/Michigan area lately for sure.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe