ChamMusic wrote:Hi Frantz - I totally echo just about all the positive feedback above...this is a seriously 'hooky' piece of electro-pop! I would shell out money for this one!
1) I'd love to have some harmonising backing vocals on, at least, the chorus...even if they were done in melodyne or something rather than newly sung? It might just lift certain sections to even higher peaks?
2) Short instrumental solo section to break it up a touch - a break from that vocal which is very good but quite in yer face.
3) I might've been tempted to reduce the vocal effect in certain sections, (something more natural) so that the disturbing, distorted one had even more impact?
Thank you for the enthusiastic and detailed feedback. Glad you enjoyed it.
Regarding your points:
1) I would like to be able to do harmonies but it is challenging for me. I tend to double whatever I already sang. I would have to map out guide synth tracks for each harmony part. Previously I tried creating harmonies in Melodyne but didn't like the artifacts.
2) There is a mini solo section at 3:10 but I agree the vox can get a bit tiresome.
3) Point taken on the distortion on the vox. I will think about that for the next track where I am recording vox now. It is easy to lose perspective when mixing especially when it's your own voice.