Conquistador (Re-Remastered)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is I guess my first serious try at mastering some of my older tracks.Using a little EQ, Tube and compressor on the recorded wav file. I think it rolls smoother and brighter throughout the build 8) :oops:

Conquistador re-remastered

Conquistador re-remastered version 13,8Mb

Conquistador original (11,6Mb) for those that want to hear A/B

Any advice on EQíng or the tubes(behringer Tube Ultrafex) or compressor (behr. Autocom pro-xl) would be appreciated :D

or just listening pleasure is okay too 8)

PS -Edit - I know there are still a very few minor distortion clicks but I have to wait till tomorrow to re-record and get those out

--------

Edit2 - Re-remastered. no more distortion, little less fx-feedback noise and I think better settings too :oops:

same link as remastered version; only now at 192 kbs, making a 14+ Mb file. For the soundpurist's I'd say :wink:
Last edited by mystahr on Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sounding smooth and sweet, some really nice sounds in here. That behringer really does give a warm feeling, I love it, and I want one!!! 8)

My only minor quibble(?) is that there is a slight hiss that seems slightly more prominent on the right. I wouldn't normally worry about it, but as it seems to be more on the right rather than balanced so it does grab my attention.

Ben

Just has a listen to the original. And boy it does sound a lot better than the original. ... but, I couldn't hear the hiss in the original?...

Ben

ill let you know when you review my 92 tracks :hihi:

Thanks Ben :)

I'll look into that hiss more tomorrow morning, I had heard it there too, but I need fresh ears and a bit more volume to check it....

vurt wrote:ill let you know when you review my 92 tracks :hihi:
:x :x :x

sounds like you need to bring the bass down a touch
seems to me thats where your peaking
but like you im tired and could be wrong
but its one of those tunes i could listen o over and over again 8)

Yeah I had heard and saw those minor peaks on the displays too..
vurt wrote:but its one of those tunes i could listen o over and over again 8)
Should I wake you at 7 8)

please dont wake me no dont shake me leave me where i am...

please dont wake me no dont shake me leave me where i am...

the bass line is infectious ...
i like all the little percussive details , and pads , in the far background ...

Thanks Normal..... :oops: 8) :oops:

And I best give the equip-list on this one: Bass by Juno60; percussion by SY85 patch and Dreampad Vsti with some sweepie and classic phaser. Except for the Dreampad, the rest was played and filtered live :D

dreampad?

vurt wrote:dreampad?
Check your mail :)

check yours too ;)
Mystahr wrote: Check your mail :)

Return to “Music Cafe”