Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3885 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:38 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

This is a very pleasant ambient piece. Definitely soundtrack worthy. The sounds are lovely. I also like that it's not "too pretty". It has a bit of an edge.

Well done!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
Montag
KVRist

51 posts since 4 Sep, 2016

Postby Montag; Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:04 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Really liked that!
justin3am
KVRAF

10130 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Wonderful stuff as usual! It can be tough to make a few sounds sources sound huge without sounding over processed, or losing dynamics. You've struck a good balance I think.

Thanks for sharing!
seismic1
KVRAF

8604 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:14 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

layzer wrote:cool to see our forum Seismic has his very own plugin! YAY!

Uncanny. One of my track titles even manages to make it in there too :lol:
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:06 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Jace-BeOS wrote:This is a very pleasant ambient piece. Definitely soundtrack worthy. The sounds are lovely. I also like that it's not "too pretty". It has a bit of an edge.

Well done!

Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to comment, Jace. It's much appreciated :)

I'll take edgy over pretty any day :tu:
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:30 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Montag wrote:Really liked that!

Thanks very much for listening. Glad you enjoyed it :)
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

720 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:11 am Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Beautiful but also a bit down/depressing for me :\
Could work for me with more of a melody, feels like a lot of chords instead
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

justin3am wrote:Wonderful stuff as usual! It can be tough to make a few sounds sources sound huge without sounding over processed, or losing dynamics. You've struck a good balance I think.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much for listening and for your thoughts, Justin. Glad you enjoyed it :)

There wasn't very much processing going on. I liked the sounds so much that I didn't need to add much in the way of FX, apart from the B2 reverb and the usual saturation and EQ.
seismic1
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:28 pm Re: Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Jesse Gorter wrote:Beautiful but also a bit down/depressing for me :\
Could work for me with more of a melody, feels like a lot of chords instead

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Jesse :)

This was meant to be a "scene-setter", and an exercise in minimalism. As such I didn't really pursue any melodic involvement here. The track that I abandoned in favour of this one features more in the way of melodic decoration, so I think I ought to get back to it.
Previous

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe