Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
StudioDave
KVRian

829 posts since 23 Jun, 2007, from Findlay OH USA

Postby StudioDave; Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 am Pulse Of A Wistful Space [WhySynth demo]

Greetings,

A demo of Sean Bolton's open-source WhySynth :

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/p ... tful-space

Ambient/cinematic, I guess. Downloads enabled, as always, and comments are welcome, as always.

Best regards from the Corn Belt,

dp
seismic1
KVRAF

8604 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:52 pm Re: Pulse Of A Wistful Space [WhySynth demo]

It's definitely cinematic. It started out sounding Carpenter-esque and then seemed to move into '80s TD soundtrack territory. It was a pleasant listen, but with an undercurrent of tension, probably due to the ominous bass.

Good work :)
AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRist

204 posts since 17 Aug, 2015, from Finland

Postby AsPeeXXXVIII; Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 am Re: Pulse Of A Wistful Space [WhySynth demo]

That sounded awesome! Very atmospheric and calming. In fact, I could set this up as my "go-to-sleep" tune. :P
"Creativity is a lot like sex. When it's spontaneous, it's good, but forcing it makes it bad."
My metal music | My electronic music
StudioDave
KVRian

Postby StudioDave; Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:40 am Re: Pulse Of A Wistful Space [WhySynth demo]

seismic1 wrote:It's definitely cinematic. It started out sounding Carpenter-esque and then seemed to move into '80s TD soundtrack territory. It was a pleasant listen, but with an undercurrent of tension, probably due to the ominous bass.

Good work :)

Thanks, seismic, you're the second reviewer who brought up the Carpenter connection. Something about that bass sound, I think. :)

I had fun putting it together. It was intended to showcase the synth itself, what it could do by itself. Made me work at the sounds a bit more.

Best,

dp
StudioDave
KVRian

Postby StudioDave; Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 am Re: Pulse Of A Wistful Space [WhySynth demo]

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote:That sounded awesome! Very atmospheric and calming. In fact, I could set this up as my "go-to-sleep" tune. :P

Thanks a lot for listening to it, please let us know what effect it has on your dreams. :)

Best,

dp

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe