My IDMy Elektro-y thing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plugged in a second Auratone and added some stereophony for the kids.

;-)

https://soundcloud.com/unk-cegi/timeflies-16717

I really like the industrial aspect of the song. Although I do feel that the low end is a bit weak for a track like this. The kick, bass and snare can definitely be boosted a few notches imo. Great track overall!

Nice IDM. Tasty production.

Well done!

:tu:

fastlanephil wrote:Nice IDM. Tasty production.

Well done!

:tu:

Thank you very much indeed! :-D

Very nice composition and arrangement but I think the mix can use some work. In the parts where there is a lot going on, the low-miss are pretty muddy, so the things which should have some percussive impact, don't hit as hard as they could.
Some fantastic sound design in places... some kinda cheesy sounds in others. :hihi:
I enjoyed it, it has some great, up-beat energy. Thanks for sharing.

It sounds like loops of 90s dance music going through a lo-fi sampler. Fun but it goes on a bit too long for my tastes.

Cheers! Hadn't even started mixing it yet. Pretty much finished with the composition now. :-)
justin3am wrote:Very nice composition and arrangement but I think the mix can use some work. In the parts where there is a lot going on, the low-miss are pretty muddy, so the things which should have some percussive impact, don't hit as hard as they could.
Some fantastic sound design in places... some kinda cheesy sounds in others. :hihi:
I enjoyed it, it has some great, up-beat energy. Thanks for sharing.

Frantz wrote:It sounds like loops of 90s dance music going through a lo-fi sampler. Fun but it goes on a bit too long for my tastes.
It's hard work making all this gear sound so cheap! ;-)

Kyrpto wrote:I really like the industrial aspect of the song. Although I do feel that the low end is a bit weak for a track like this. The kick, bass and snare can definitely be boosted a few notches imo. Great track overall!
Started faffing around starting to actually mix it last night. Will deffo bear this in mind. Thanks. :-)

In places this reminds me of some of the Orb's late '90s tracks. Looking forward to hearing the final mix.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:In places this reminds me of some of the Orb's late '90s tracks. Looking forward to hearing the final mix.

Good work :)
Getting there:

https://soundcloud.com/unk-cegi/timeflies-27-7-17

seismic1 wrote:In places this reminds me of some of the Orb's late '90s tracks.
Yeah, kinda Towers Of Dub meets NIN :)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
seismic1 wrote:In places this reminds me of some of the Orb's late '90s tracks.
Yeah, kinda Towers Of Dub meets NIN :)
Unsurprisingly big fan of both. :-D

Return to “Music Cafe”