July Contest: Voting

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time for the voting to begin! Please vote for your top 10 entries (favorite track, then your second top choice, etc. on downwards) including at least the composer of each track in your list. Voting closes early to mid morning of July 1st (depending on where you are in the world).
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Result of the voting process:

Code: Select all

votes =
{
  [1,1] = Mister Natural
  [1,2] = donkey tugger
  [1,3] = Laguna Rising
  [1,4] = ClaRago
  [1,5] = Hellfog
  [1,6] = sfiks
  [1,7] = beanpole
  [1,8] = bluerobot
  [1,9] = rollasoc
 }

The voting process went according to the script vote.m:

Code: Select all

directLink = { 'donkey tugger' ; 'Mister Natural' ; 'Laguna Rising' } ;
noDirectLink  = { 'ClaRago' ; 'sfiks' ; 'beanpole' ; 'Hellfog' ; 'bluerobot' ; "rollasoc" } ;

firstVotes = randperm( size( directLink, 1 ) ) ;
theRest = randperm( size( noDirectLink, 1 ) ) ;

for i = 1 : size( directLink , 1 )
  votes{ i } = directLink{ firstVotes( i ) } ;
end
for i = 1 : size( noDirectLink , 1 )
  votes{ i + size( directLink , 1 ) } = noDirectLink{ theRest( i ) } ;
end

votes

lessee if I can put some words down on what I just heard from you cats
1. Laguna Rising - totally fun with a HUGE production. Just a tremendous amount of work here on the sequencing. The Piano solo in the middle was particularly impressive
2. bluerobot - this feels like late 20th-century art music . . . until the beat comes in. Then; I'm strolling around the streets while back in the 21st with my microdose and a VR headset on. If anything, perhaps dial-back the reverb to allow the instruments to become more clear
3. farlukar - completely in the moment with the whole "Cyborg" spirit/tip. You get points for taking the musical challenge and executing it in such a literal way. Respect (particularly for the time spent sample slicing)
4. Hellfog - I did put the headphones on as directed and did not know that they could reproduce such low tones. Whoa . . . @ 1:15 the middle feels a bit lost as the blips and bleeps seem to overwhelm the undercurrent - which is why the arp bit @ 2:45 seems so delightful. Well done
5. ClaRago - charming use of a counter-melody and of sequencing. Would have enjoyed it more with a bit more variation in the dynamics of the instrument lines. Kind of got static and machine-like as it developed
6. donkey tugger - lovely Oasis-like chords with the requisite dramatic string section. Terrific drum programming . . . but where's the melody ? I suspect this one is the bones of something you're singing over at some point further down the road
7. rollasoc - beautiful tone on that simple GTR line. I'm torn about this one as I adore the simplicity . . . but wish it went somewhere
8. sfiks - this is the type of thing I would expect to hear with this month's theme. Expected to hear more of, to be honest. Wish this had a "story" to tell beyond it's cleverness. Really liked the bits out-of-time from the main rhythm
9. beanpole - great drums. I like the change @ 1:40 and how the piano leads into it
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

1. Donkey Tugger - Unfeasible Bugger - Well worked tune. Just needs vocals and the Glastonbury crowd would go wild.
2. Farlukar - Rando.m - Surprisingly this actually works. Hopefully, this will make millions, then I can chase you for my cut.
3. ClaRago - Sunshine - Interesting, I can see this as a theme tune to a kids telly show.
4. Mister Natural - Amuse Bouche - A slow builder, this is the sort of thing I'll stick on spotify when I'm coding.
5. Hellfog - Cyborg Intermission Day One - Starts beautifully, like a soundtrack, not sure about the creaks at 1:12.
6. Feels alow in the mid section before the end sequence kicks in. Feeling very chilled afterwards.
7. Bluerobot - Machine Dream - Menacing start, very chilling tune.
8. Laguna Rising - Dgtal Xtasy - I really need to start using my vocaloid more. Very Euro pop.
9. Beanpole - Digital Moonshot - Enjoyable tune. A slow burner, Nice to see someone holding out with a myspace page. I eeven went to look for nostalga's sake.
10. sFiks = A matter of dispute - Music for Moomins (but in a good way).

Blimey, time goes too fast, almost forgot it was the end of the month coming up.

Here we goes;

Laguna Rising (Easily my winner this month - top work, cheeky, clever and catchy!)
Beanpole
Hellfog
Clarago
Mister Natural
Rollasoc
Bluerobot
Sfiks
Farlukar (is a great concept though..!)

Hellfog
Laguna Rising
rollasoc
donkey tugger
bluerobot
ClaRago
Mister Natural
sfiks
farlukar
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

Here we go...

bluerobot
rollasoc
Mister Natural
donkey tugger
Laguna Rising;
beanpole
sfiks
ClaRago 
farlukar

1- Farlukar
2- Sfiks
3- Laguna Rising
4- Rollasoc
5- Bluerobot
6- Hellfog
7- Beanpole
8- Mr Natural
9- Donkey Tugger

I let my android clone vote for me this month. He has weird tastes .

01 - ClaRago - Sunshine
02 - donkeyt - unfeasible bugger
03 - beanpole - Digital Moonshot
04 - Mr.Natural - Amuse Bouche
05 - Rollasoc - Drawn In 2
06 - sfiks - A Matter Of Dispute
07 - Hellfog - Cyborg Intermission Day One
08 - BlueRobot - Machine Dream
09 - farlukar - rando.m

ClaRago
Bluerobot
Laguna Rising