the clangers (in the mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track would hopefully appeal to anyone familiar with a cult TV kids show called The Clangers. It's a sort of silly ambient DnB style track. Any comments on the mix would be most welcome (I tend to think that the bass is a little low and the snares are too loud.) Also I tend to think the track has a little too much going on in parts of it............

Track at....

http://www.sectionz.com/detail.asp?rtype=mp3&szid=14617

Cheers

telfer

Never heard of the clangers before, but I believe you :D

I'm affraid though with the compression you put on this track that you sucked the life out of it somehow. I comes across a bit flat and without dynamics, where the huge emphasis for some reason has come on the snare.

Personally I would have gone the other way around, in pushing the drums to the back, and getting those weird sounds and conversations to the front. But that is just a thought here, that I cannot really verify.

Mystahr,

Thanks for taking the time out to listen to the track. The drums on the track are quite heavily compressed and therefore probably makes the drums too much up front. I might have a try at re-mixing the track and shoving some of the drums nearer the back and bring out the effects more........cheers telfer

Return to “Music Cafe”