Orchestral piece/Hymn

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a hymn, and orchestrated it.

I hope you like it, would like some feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/mediumaevum-arti ... to-jutland

This is a pleasant tune that you've written here. I do find that the initial rendition could be improved because the chords are a bit heavy dynamically for the very light performance of the melody. In the first repetition, I find the legato violins a bit too piercing at times, and would personally have preferred for them to be toned down just a tiny bit. In the second repetition, I feel that you miss an opportunity to really open up the orchestration to a fuller sound and decisively hand the responsibility of carrying the melody to the strings. You could then give the piano something else to do. That's what I would do, anyhow. Still, I enjoyed listening to it just exactly as it is now. Thanks for sharing!

First section has a very authentic old world feel without being too predictable. In the second pass there's a whistle doubling the strings? They sort of merged with each other so I'd tend to have one or the other and then perhaps let the second instrument come in later and take over with a variation.

A lovely mood that lends itself to visualizations of a fishing village or a walk through autumn hills. I really appreciate the style.

Return to “Music Cafe”