Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

ninvoid
KVRist

43 posts since 15 May, 2016

Postby ninvoid; Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:16 am Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

Hello guys! Today I'm sharing with you "Nemesis", a hybrid orchestral track with a very dark, horror-like, atmosphere. Although the structure is pretty much standard for trailer music, the sound itself is unlike anything I've ever done... I hope you'll like it. As always, any feedback is very much appreciated. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgNKnhur6lM
Chemik
KVRist

150 posts since 18 Mar, 2003, from Jacksonville, FL

Postby Chemik; Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:52 am Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

This is really quite amazing. There was a part of me dying to hear some bombastic one shot percussive elements earlier before the full build at 1:40. A huge snare or cymbal at certain non-regular moments.

The choir bits were excellent, positioned well. Maybe do a slow volume lift on them during their section that peaks at the climax would be more impactful but they are great.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.

Los Nugget - Zombie - Just released rap/electropop project on bandcamp

Twitter @PoolWaiter
Mycelial Cords
KVRer

5 posts since 16 Aug, 2017

Postby Mycelial Cords; Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:12 pm Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

I fully back up Chemik on what he said. The composition is great and additional percussion before the drop would really make the track shine, it feel a bit empty without it. Choir indeed sounds excellent. Great stuff!
fastlanephil
KVRist

291 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:39 pm Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

I don't hear a need for any percussion before the drop other than maybe a little more oomph on the drop but I'm using buds. This is sound track music so the content is very dependent on the visuals. If it pleases the film maker then it works.
ninvoid
KVRist

Postby ninvoid; Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:09 am Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

Chemik wrote:This is really quite amazing. There was a part of me dying to hear some bombastic one shot percussive elements earlier before the full build at 1:40. A huge snare or cymbal at certain non-regular moments.

The choir bits were excellent, positioned well. Maybe do a slow volume lift on them during their section that peaks at the climax would be more impactful but they are great.

Thanks a lot for kind words and feedback, Chemik! The idea of adding some additional perc and a volume lift is indeed very good. I'll keep that in mind for future tracks. :wink:
ninvoid
KVRist

Postby ninvoid; Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:11 am Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

Mycelial Cords wrote:I fully back up Chemik on what he said. The composition is great and additional percussion before the drop would really make the track shine, it feel a bit empty without it. Choir indeed sounds excellent. Great stuff!

Thanks a lot for the comment, Mycelial! Really glad to know you also liked the track. Adding perc before the drop sounds like a good way of making the sound a bit bigger. I'll definitely try that in the future. :wink:
ninvoid
KVRist

Postby ninvoid; Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 am Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

fastlanephil wrote:I don't hear a need for any percussion before the drop other than maybe a little more oomph on the drop but I'm using buds. This is sound track music so the content is very dependent on the visuals. If it pleases the film maker then it works.

Thanks for the comment, fastlanephil! I agree with you that in this particular type of music, it all depends on the personal taste of the filmmaker... I really hope this track will end up being licensed for an interesting project, so that I can see how it works with visuals. :)
davidstiles
KVRian

631 posts since 3 Nov, 2013, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby davidstiles; Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:56 pm Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

When you said "trailer music," I was expecting a different kind of sound. But this is much better, and has a lot of musical personality. I could see this track working really well as the score for a montage of preparing for war or something like that. Nice work!
Richard deHove
KVRist

189 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Postby Richard deHove; Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 pm Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

Really liked the intro and ending. Middle section was classic trailer, so if that was the aim then 100% success. I'd like to hear a second non-trailer version which explored the intense darkness of the intro.
ninvoid
KVRist

Postby ninvoid; Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 am Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

davidstiles wrote:When you said "trailer music," I was expecting a different kind of sound. But this is much better, and has a lot of musical personality. I could see this track working really well as the score for a montage of preparing for war or something like that. Nice work!

Thanks a lot, david! :-) It's awesome to know that you feel that way about this track. Cheers! :wink:
ninvoid
KVRist

Postby ninvoid; Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 am Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

Richard deHove wrote:Really liked the intro and ending. Middle section was classic trailer, so if that was the aim then 100% success. I'd like to hear a second non-trailer version which explored the intense darkness of the intro.

Thanks a lot for the comment, Richard! :-) I was indeed thinking about developing the piano motif into a different, more experimental direction. Truly hope I'll have the time to do that in the future. :wink:
thedeadsoul
KVRist

238 posts since 22 Oct, 2009, from Bandung, Indonesia

Postby thedeadsoul; Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:38 pm Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

Great work, I could definitely picture a horror movie trailer with this! I agree with Richard, any plan to make a non-trailer/full song version?

Excellent,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
ninvoid
KVRist

Postby ninvoid; Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:18 pm Re: Nemesis - Dark Orchestral Trailer Track

thedeadsoul wrote:Great work, I could definitely picture a horror movie trailer with this! I agree with Richard, any plan to make a non-trailer/full song version?

Excellent,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Thanks a lot for the kind words! :) A "full song" version is indeed a possibility... I'll make sure not to forget to post here in case I manage to do it in the future. :wink:

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe