please listen My track ^^

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I am from Taiwan, And...please listen My New Tracks,Thanks a lot。 :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/zander-hsu/bqluosw0npyt

https://soundcloud.com/zander-hsu/2a-1

https://soundcloud.com/stream

thanks everybody

hello, i only listened to the first track as every post here only gets one listen at a time from me.
anywhoo.... epic stuff. could work as music in some superhero movie. well done :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:hello, i only listened to the first track as every post here only gets one listen at a time from me.
anywhoo.... epic stuff. could work as music in some superhero movie. well done :tu:
thank you very much!

sorry~my English is poor... but i'm very happy can share my music here^^ let more people hear

Hi, Zander!

I really like this style of music. I too have classical and symphonic influences. And I really like the first piece in particular, especially the choral melodies. So while I'm no expert, I'll try to give some detailed suggestions.

The violin triplet notes in the begging: All three notes in those sets sound the same (the G and the Ab). Make the velocity of the first note in those sets higher than the other two. Hopefully, your string sample library is multilayered and using softer velocities will cause different samples to be triggered. If your instrument contains multiple articulations, try varying the bowing for each note.

Also, the mood of the music sounds very aggressive and brave, but the texture is actually very sparse. There are the loud violins, the loud taiko drums, and then everything else is so soft, it's barely audible. If you want a contrast between this section and the tutti that follows, maybe make the violins softer and staccato to be suspenseful (and the drums too). And if not, I would fill the texture.

I love the part that starts at 0:25. My only suggestion here would be to figure out what should be in the foreground and what should be in the background. Because the slow sustained horns are louder than the voices, even though the voices are the exciting part.

I love the section that starts at 0:58. I would suggest, making sure that the texture gets filled. Also, don't let the listener get tired of those staccato violin/viola notes. Have them come into and out of the background - if they stay at constant level for more than a couple of bars, they become tiring and distracting.

The section that starts at 1:58, the bottom seems sparse. I'd fill that texture with low french horn or trombones, something that can swell.

2:23 - That sampled violin sounds very fake. I would argue it's better to use a completely synthesized sound than a very sounding samples. This not such a huge problem when the sound is part of a bigger texture, but for a solo like this - it's jarring.

Like I said, I really like the piece. These are just things that I would do if I was working on it.

I'll skip the lecture about the second piece, except to repeat the suggestion about keeping the texture filled.

PM me if you want to talk further. Cheers!

This is soundtrack work. It sounds good. it sounds like standard epic music. You've got the mechanics down. Coming up with music that fits the scenes any adds a touch of originality is the next step.

erikgyle wrote:Hi, Zander!

I really like this style of music. I too have classical and symphonic influences. And I really like the first piece in particular, especially the choral melodies. So while I'm no expert, I'll try to give some detailed suggestions.

The violin triplet notes in the begging: All three notes in those sets sound the same (the G and the Ab). Make the velocity of the first note in those sets higher than the other two. Hopefully, your string sample library is multilayered and using softer velocities will cause different samples to be triggered. If your instrument contains multiple articulations, try varying the bowing for each note.

Also, the mood of the music sounds very aggressive and brave, but the texture is actually very sparse. There are the loud violins, the loud taiko drums, and then everything else is so soft, it's barely audible. If you want a contrast between this section and the tutti that follows, maybe make the violins softer and staccato to be suspenseful (and the drums too). And if not, I would fill the texture.

I love the part that starts at 0:25. My only suggestion here would be to figure out what should be in the foreground and what should be in the background. Because the slow sustained horns are louder than the voices, even though the voices are the exciting part.

I love the section that starts at 0:58. I would suggest, making sure that the texture gets filled. Also, don't let the listener get tired of those staccato violin/viola notes. Have them come into and out of the background - if they stay at constant level for more than a couple of bars, they become tiring and distracting.

The section that starts at 1:58, the bottom seems sparse. I'd fill that texture with low french horn or trombones, something that can swell.

2:23 - That sampled violin sounds very fake. I would argue it's better to use a completely synthesized sound than a very sounding samples. This not such a huge problem when the sound is part of a bigger texture, but for a solo like this - it's jarring.

Like I said, I really like the piece. These are just things that I would do if I was working on it.

I'll skip the lecture about the second piece, except to repeat the suggestion about keeping the texture filled.

PM me if you want to talk further. Cheers!

wow! thank you very much for your suggestions!

these suggestions is very helping me

I very want more conversation with you, but my english too poor....

but i really understand your point and thank you again!
i very happy this piece you like! :)

next track i will try to Fix~~

fastlanephil wrote:This is soundtrack work. It sounds good. it sounds like standard epic music. You've got the mechanics down. Coming up with music that fits the scenes any adds a touch of originality is the next step.
Thank you for your Suggest :)

Return to “Music Cafe”