Allomerus - Fuse

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus - Fuse

John Wegner: Guitar, bass, synths (including Volca Bass)
Paul Wegner: Drums, Percussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEp4_ANoVg

Drew instruments on iPad and animated them using Motion 5 ;)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Very simple concept with the video but really well executed, was a fun listen and viewing.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

nice overall production. had all the elements of good ol progressive rock
the animation was fun to watch, good job guys!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ha! Nice bit of fun with the animation.
Tune comes over like it was being played by a group of young musicians that are fairly new to playing a a band - dunno if that was the intent.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I was thinking progressive garage band gone old Holly Wood music. The tune made me think of the theme from the Peter Gun tv series. It did work well with the animation style for a fun time.

Pretty clever!

This is an enjoyable track, but I'm even more fascinated by the video. It's a cool idea and you've executed it well. Alas, I do not have an Apple computer. It's too bad that Windows doesn't come with any software to Motion (as far as I know). Anyhow, great job!

biodiode wrote:Very simple concept with the video but really well executed, was a fun listen and viewing.
Thank you. The video was something I came up with in one night. Often quick things often turn out well. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

layzer wrote:nice overall production. had all the elements of good ol progressive rock
the animation was fun to watch, good job guys!
Thanks layzer. The music was mostly Paul's idea. Glad you enjoyed it... :)
Bandcamp

folderol wrote:Ha! Nice bit of fun with the animation.
Tune comes over like it was being played by a group of young musicians that are fairly new to playing a a band - dunno if that was the intent.
Wasn't the intent but we were trying something a bit different. Maybe that's the reason. :)
Bandcamp

I've listened to this quite a few times, and I think it's got a lot of similarities to KC's Vrooom, but in a lighter style. There were a couple of drum riffs that sounded like Neil Peart from the Moving Pictures era. That alone make for a good set of Prog credentials, but add the timesig and key changes, and we have a full-on Prog classic, not forgetting the percussion section and the guitar solo. Good job with the video. One day all DAWs will be like that :wink:

Good work :)

You got a lot of mileage out of that riff -- unison, hocketing, and a bassline for the guitar to solo over. Clever although it will probably be stuck in my head for a while.

There were also other nice sections which provided a break before returning to the riff. Perhaps the drum break could have been shortened?

The minimal video was elegant and fit well with the music. Good stuff! :tu:

Nice song. Pleasantarrangement, good mix and sounds. Well done instrumental music.

markkuja wrote:Nice song. Pleasant arrangement, good mix and sounds. Well done instrumental music.

Return to “Music Cafe”