Elysian Fields (ElectroProg - Seismic Spiritualism)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote:Having said that, I am planning a couple of more upbeat/techno style tracks for the near(ish) future, so it could be that a return to a "denser" sound may be approaching (at least temporarily)

Dancing among ghosts is not necessarily disrespectful, but I warned you about the consequences 4 years ago :lol:
I am looking forward to hearing some more uptempo techno from you.

You do have a predilection for spooky mellotron vox. That older track held up quite well. :tu:

layzer wrote:great spooky atmo. the varied perc kept it chugging along and the fluty lead weaved it together well
also dug the bassline bumping against the beat. think ill go back for seconds ;) :tu:
Thanks very much for giving this a second chance, layzer :hihi: Glad you enjoyed it :)

abstractcats wrote:Wow! Very expansive sound(I've got to learn to make my tracks more expansive), would make a great sound track! 10+ :)
Thanks very much for checking this out, Scott. Glad you liked it :)

I think it's easier to get an expansive sound if you use a more limited soundset. The volume contrast between the 'tron choir and the other instruments being a case in point. Ultrareverb is also playing it's part in that.

When listening to this track I imagine myself dancing around a camp fire tripping on peyote. Good track for halloween!

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:Having said that, I am planning a couple of more upbeat/techno style tracks for the near(ish) future, so it could be that a return to a "denser" sound may be approaching (at least temporarily)

Dancing among ghosts is not necessarily disrespectful, but I warned you about the consequences 4 years ago :lol:
I am looking forward to hearing some more uptempo techno from you.
So am I :lol:
Frantz wrote: You do have a predilection for spooky mellotron vox. That older track held up quite well. :tu:
Ghosts should be getting another remix sometime in the not-too-distant future. Nothing structural, just a little polish. I may try mastering this with Elevate. Early testing has been quite promising.

Look, this sort of thing does my credibility no good at all when I'm seen dashing behind the sofa :o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Kyrpto wrote:When listening to this track I imagine myself dancing around a camp fire tripping on peyote. Good track for halloween!
Thanks very much for the listen and the interesting imagery, Kyrpto. Glad you enjoyed it :)

It's felt like Halloween here for the last month or so.

folderol wrote:Look, this sort of thing does my credibility no good at all when I'm seen dashing behind the sofa :o
I miss the old Doctor Who.

Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to comment, folderol. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Just make sure that you have a cover story ready for next time :wink:

A fabulous atmospheric track which kept me hooked and never let me predict what might happen next :)

Up to 2.32, it sounds a bit like walking through a Japanese valley to a hilltop temple on a misty day with a little bit of drizzle!
(I lived in Japan for four years, so I enjoyed these sounds very much).

I like the introduction of the fresh elements at 2.32 and 3.21, and particularly how the track then changes (into a sort of bridge) by bringing in percussion and briefly dropping out other elements around 3.38.
The change of rhythm and pace around 5.51, and the growing comparative presence of the bass really added extra impetus and colour to the track at that point.
There's a wonderful calming sense to the track despite its mysterious deeper elements.
The ambience, separation of elements and mixing skills are very clear and effective.

I wonder whether a few vocal snippets (possibly effected) might also add something to the track?

Lovely stuff :)

Nice one, this track has some world music affinity. Cool variations you did here. The atmosphere is really spooky.
Greetings
HM

dark water wrote:A fabulous atmospheric track which kept me hooked and never let me predict what might happen next :)

Up to 2.32, it sounds a bit like walking through a Japanese valley to a hilltop temple on a misty day with a little bit of drizzle!
(I lived in Japan for four years, so I enjoyed these sounds very much).
Maybe a little like this:-

Actually, that's from my last trip to Thailand in 2015.
dark water wrote: I like the introduction of the fresh elements at 2.32 and 3.21, and particularly how the track then changes (into a sort of bridge) by bringing in percussion and briefly dropping out other elements around 3.38.
The change of rhythm and pace around 5.51, and the growing comparative presence of the bass really added extra impetus and colour to the track at that point.
There's a wonderful calming sense to the track despite its mysterious deeper elements.
The ambience, separation of elements and mixing skills are very clear and effective.

I wonder whether a few vocal snippets (possibly effected) might also add something to the track?

Lovely stuff :)
Thanks very much for listening, and for the thoughtful and detailed comments, dark water. Glad you enjoyed it :tu:

I've been considering doing more with vocals, but I'm currently unsure what form they would take. Maybe samples, maybe some form of synthesis, or maybe I'll buy a microphone and record some myself :o I imagine that the last option would require some extremely heavy processing in order that listeners' sensibilities would not be too offended.

htcnext2 wrote:Nice one, this track has some world music affinity. Cool variations you did here. The atmosphere is really spooky.
Greetings
HM
Now that you mention it, I can hear a "world music" influence too, although I don't listen to a lot of it - maybe Peter Gabriel or something like that.

Thanks very much for the listen, and the comments, htcnext. Glad you liked it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”