"Lazing with Layzer" By Keel

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you're worried about Soundcloud mushing up the sounds, you could try applying a more aggressive HPF/LPF combo. SC encoding can take offence at extreme low and high frequency content. -44dB at 20-25Hz is probably pushing the limits and -16dB at 18-20kHz is asking for trouble. Your peak level is 0dB (from the 192kbps mp3 on hightail.com) so any ISP values over that will add distortion when re-encoded by SC. You should try to limit you peak amplitudes to -1.5dB. If you uploaded the 192k mp3 to SC it would be re-encoded to 128k in any case which is probably not going to attain the maximum fidelity possible, although I usually upload only at 320k.

seismic1 wrote:If you're worried about Soundcloud mushing up the sounds, you could try applying a more aggressive HPF/LPF combo. SC encoding can take offence at extreme low and high frequency content. -44dB at 20-25Hz is probably pushing the limits and -16dB at 18-20kHz is asking for trouble. Your peak level is 0dB (from the 192kbps mp3 on hightail.com) so any ISP values over that will add distortion when re-encoded by SC. You should try to limit you peak amplitudes to -1.5dB. If you uploaded the 192k mp3 to SC it would be re-encoded to 128k in any case which is probably not going to attain the maximum fidelity possible, although I usually upload only at 320k.

Thanks a lot!!!!!! I really only used Soundcloud to upload for here. I never really used it before.

I am actually in the process of remixing the entire thing because I am still not happy with it. I appreciate your advice very much. :tu:

Amazing how little I have learned in the 15 years I been doing this :hihi: :oops:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Just sharing one person's opinion but what isn't working for me in this song are the percussive elements. You are using a hard (dance) kick on a mid-tempo mood song. The punchy high end kick just sticks out in a bad way. The techno snare is also just forced in. Because they don't fit the vibe of the song, they feel amateurish to me. Some more plate on the snare would also help.

I occasionally have this problem when I am composing and it frustrates me to no end. You end up auditioning sounds to death. :dog:
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Return to “Music Cafe”