Rapper looking for honest feedback and maybe collaborators/networking options

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I'm Nick. I'm a rapper from Chicago. I try to keep my music pretty eclectic to match my interests. I would love some feedback on some new tracks I put up on my Soundcloud recently.
The main tracks I would like input on are "What You Asked For", "Rider", "She Takes Me" and "Beauty In You."

I've tried to focus more on making songs than being as lyrical as possible and would love some honest feedback. Thank you.

Here the main link you're interested https://soundcloud.com/nickperiod

She Takes Me - nicely done. Good production overall. Good work. Although the style of the tracks has mainstream formatting they should work well. What You Asked For - Nice drive...
Greetings
HM

Thank you. I appreciate that a lot.

I agree with htcnext. The production is good, pretty poppy but it works. My critique would be to mix the vocals a little lower. Right now they stick out a bit too much from the rest of the song. I get that you're trying to get the lyrics to be audible, but they'll still be audible a couple decibels lower and I think the songs will feel more unified that way.

I agree. Will sound much better with the voice pulled back a couple of db. Otherwise, pretty damn good.

Thank you guys. I'll send word to my engineers. If those are the only problems you're finding. I guess I'm doing alright.

Return to “Music Cafe”