> It's < [ Kind of Electro Track needs Feedback ]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<It's been reuploade - 26.12.2017>
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/its

It's one of my many updates to this track - hope you didn't get bored. But everyday I find new things to add and improve.

It's my submission to OneSynthChallenge #106 [1] where the weird Full Bucket Emulations of 1970's synths has to be used...sigh, so much programmer talent went into this...It's...no, I don't say more about this.

I tried to make the best out of the synths which are pretty cumbersome to handle compared to what Dmitry Sches' Thorn had to offer for OneSynthChallenge #105. I have spend many hours in trying to get the best out of the - to me cumbersome - Synths. I have inested a lot into the Mix in throwing tons of Cubase Pro 9.5 on top of the synths...
Would be interesting to here what you say to this raw, unpolished piece of something. It's...

Cheers
] Peter:H [

[1] viewtopic.php?f=1&t=495724
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

--- It's updated to Version 5 (10.12.2017) ---

Some great moments in there and the whole thing is interesting...

But, for me, at the moment it's a little fragmented and doesn't hold together 100% as a complete piece of music....needs a little restructuring maybe?

ChamMusic wrote:Some great moments in there and the whole thing is interesting...

But, for me, at the moment it's a little fragmented and doesn't hold together 100% as a complete piece of music....needs a little restructuring maybe?
Thanks and you're probably more than 110% right, ChamMusic. As I said "It's raw and unpolished"...in many senses and I think I need some help in order to finish it.
But I think your nice comment might help me to find the motivation to restructure it.
What would you suggest? Any hints, for which route to go? What is your favourite part...any help is higly appreciated.

Please check out my latest update - I have reworked the final part, it's now more coherent

Thanks in advance

Maybe more variation in the texture is the biggest thing for me...it's quite 'full on' throughout...doesn't often drop down to more simple sections with just one or two layers / no drums etc etc.

ChamMusic wrote:Maybe more variation in the texture is the biggest thing for me...it's quite 'full on' throughout...doesn't often drop down to more simple sections with just one or two layers / no drums etc etc.
Mark, thanks for taking the time to write some suggestions. If you like you can check out the latest Version (V007)...Not much of variation but I have reworked the final part and added even a quiter part...

BTW: It was you who planned to write an article about spheres, sound, astronomy and stuff, or do I mix things up here? Christmas holidays would be a good time for that read ;-)

Not sure if this a 'fun' contribution in the mood of the latest 'fun' replicas (at KVR you never know what's considered being 'fun').

Short: Don't try this again, you sibling of Wagtunes. ;)

Long: 'We' detect within a few seconds, no matter what sounds or stunts being used, if the producer has a clue of the style s/he likes to represent. Don't call this 'Electro'. Stay with the music you are familiar with. I, for one, would never try to create/produce a rock song. You, as an example, should not try to become 'electro'. You either experience/d it, thus felt and feel the 'idea', or ... don't want to elaborate on it. :)

Looking forward to your next song, Peter. Hopefully in another style. :tu:

elassi wrote:Not sure if this a 'fun' contribution in the mood of the latest 'fun' replicas (at KVR you never know what's considered being 'fun').

Short: Don't try this again, you sibling of Wagtunes. ;)

Looking forward to your next song, Peter. Hopefully in another style. :tu:
:hyper: sibling of Wagtunes that's fun...hopefully I don't have to compete with Wagtunes about who the real Wagtunes is...Thanks man, I just had some fun with this. May be it's not electro, but I had some fun hours fiddling around and doing the best with this weird synths. Next time, I go full Peter again... :hyper:

There's only one Wagtunes and for sure nobody is as 'wrong' as him.

Take it easy, Peter. :)

(wait, you actually took it easy. cool!)

there's only one Wagtunes
I had no idea who Wagtunes was...I foolishly found out and had a listen...never again...Thank God there's only one of him! :0)
BTW: It was you who planned to write an article about spheres, sound, astronomy and stuff
Yes, that was me...still writing it in spare moments! It's not due to be finished until around the end of Jan / early Feb though.
Don't call this 'Electro'
Electro is a seriously wide and varied genre! :0) I'm sure it would fit in there somewhere if necessary!

elassi wrote:There's only one Wagtunes and for sure nobody is as 'wrong' as him.

Take it easy, Peter. :)

(wait, you actually took it easy. cool!)
Hey @elassi, if you don't mind just send me some links for cool elector stuff that you like. I'm always interested in checking out now artists. Feel free to PM or just add them to this thread. :tu:

@All - please le't not start a Wagtunes diss-cussion here.
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChamMusic wrote:
BTW: It was you who planned to write an article about spheres, sound, astronomy and stuff
Looking forward to reading that essay...
And thanks again for your feedback!

Peter

] Peter:H [ wrote:Hey @elassi, if you don't mind just send me some links for cool elector stuff that you like. I'm always interested in checking out now artists. Feel free to PM or just add them to this thread. :tu:
I'm not an explicite 'electro fan' but have a certain understanding of it (which may be wrong, of course!).

- First of all it should be something that makes you dance. 8) Check your track if this basic demand is fulfilled.
- Any kind of 'trance reminiscence' immedeately kills the electro feeling. This includes typical reverb usage and 'sweet' melodies to name a few defining elements.
- The more raw, the better. That means: Dry sounds. No obvious FX sauce or soup to drown the sound into.

An 2009-example which even sports vocals (another critical aspect) but imho demonstrates what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgncnfA0E0g

Furthermore, as ChamMusic said, the genre (meanwhile) is a widespreaded one. That's why you should not listen to my opinion only. Nonetheless I think my points are valid.

A working definition of ELECTRO...wars have been fought over less than this! :0)

1) elassi has a lot of good points in there, although some of them target modern Electro and NOT back to its origins which are very different....
2) It's a very wide and varied genre that's been around for a very long time....pioneers like Miles Davis began to hint at it even in the 1960s for me...
1969 Pre- Electro anyone?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg

I taught the history of the damn style at post 16 a few years ago, so I might as well drop my pennies-worth in:

# Head Gods of Electro - Kraftwerk...no arguments!

#Key elements of early Electro = TR 808 Drum Machine + punchy, raw electronic / synth sounds dominating the mix rather than being more in the background as in previous styles such as Disco and Funk. Vocals were NOT common at this stage and if used they were heavily processed and weird as sh#t! Very early attempts morph NY's Funk and Boogie dance music styles.

# Early production = quite raw, open, full of space...NOT overly complex.

#Regarded as the pivotal moment in early Electro (note the 'stolen' Kraftwerk moments):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1AypBaIEk

#After that the TR808 still dominated along with those heavy duty electronic synth sounds, but it got mixed with all kinds of sh#t in all kinds of places as should always be the case if a style is to continue to grow and develop! :0)

Of course with the rapid changes in music tech through the 1980s /1990s (sampling in particular) it morphed beyond recognition in the hands of some artists...

Anyone who mentions CRAZY FROG at this point gets dipped in my garden pond! :0)

Thanks @elassi and @Mark for your input...
Ich bin jetzt ganz nass, vom bass, krass...(Sorry for switching to german, the lyrics of the piece posted by elassi are just hilarious dada german phrases)

Return to “Music Cafe”