January Contest: Submissions "Overindulgent"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Overindulgent

If you're like me, you're probably paying the price for a week or so of overdoing things. Usually being overindulgent is something to be avoided but once in a while it's okay. The contest this month is to overindulge musically on your track. Want 14 simultaneous guitar solos? Go for it! 8 different kinds of drum loops and 6 pad parts? Why not! Don't worry about being able to mix it, just go for it! The hangover will always come later....

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 or .ogg format.

2 - No time limit on your track this month as that would definitely not be keeping with the spirit of the thing.

3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
1 - knockman
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by early a.m. (US Central Time) Saturday, January 27 2018.

5 - Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1801_ThrobbingRoast_ExtraGravy.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - No resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. Please PM me for permission.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m Sunday, May 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to drapostrophex (that's me, Victor!) or ask in the gossip thread.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

I've been conciously trying to pare things back a bit recently but I was instructed to do this, it's not my fault. :scared:

Some sub-bowie 80s shite featuring my (cough) funk guitaring on the plastic axe and also bwath (sounds a bit like the bastard Human League), amongst a cornucopia of electrickery;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/01- ... lge-me.mp3

Here be the schedule of shite;

Evolution Strawberry guitar x2
Analogue Drums Kingpin
NI Scarbee MM bass
Evolution Rick 12 guitar x 2
Amplesound AG12S 12 string acoustic
NI Session Horns Pro (I'm a pro brass wanker now)
Sampletank 2 Sonik Synth ebow
Sonivox Orchestral Companion Strings
NI String Ensemble Essential Pitzzicato
2 x geetar noisy fast bits played on the Variax
Ilya Efimov acoustic
Tambourine loops
6 x the same vocal tracks pitch corrected to buggery with lots of studio trickery

Just a few effects....

Overproduced? Never...

Watermelon Head Thing
Spinning like crazy...

Free jam loose thing, based on chords borrowed from "Watermelon in Easter Hay" with a different rhythm {and a slightly faster tempo}

HW:
DIY 'Swamp' strat, Alesis solo tube pre, Shure beta58, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Rocktron Chameleon, George Dennis Wah, EHX DoctorQ, DIY 'Jazz'-bass, Zoom MS-60B, Waldorf Rocket
SW :
Minimogue VA, NI Bandstand, NI Battery, Lounge Lizard EP, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field, Nuclear cranium, Mr.Alias2

Waking Up
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/39010 ... ACspQlXg2P
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/0118 ... me-clothes
LIVE9
Stratocaster
Geist2
DrumRacks
Alchemy 1.5 x 6 instances
DimensionPro EPiano
LIVE native EFX - EchoBode - EchoBoy - DC8C2 - SDDRR2 - Valhalla Vintage Verb - native master mix

Edit : mp3 download enabled
Last edited by Mister Natural on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

https://soundcloud.com/3lu5iv3/2018jan- ... rindulgent

DAW - Cockos Reaper

Synth - AirMusicTech Hybrid

Effects - LiquidSonics Reverberate, xFer OTT, Voxengo Span, Flux Stereo Tool,
Tek'it Audio MSControl, Tokyo Dawn Labs TDR Nova

Samples - Lots of samples from Survival Drum Kit by
The Producers Choice
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

An ode to my spleen. Sorry for the booze over the new year :? :hug:

Lamented Spleen

Right click and open in new tab if you have any trouble playing this :phones:

Sonar 8.5

4 tracks using Stylus RMX
3 Tracks using Omnisphere 1
Dimension pro for the piano
Reaktor 5's Subharmonic for the synth wails
Aquestone for the vox
Last edited by Miro on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

No Name Number Nine

DAW's
Reason 3
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Peavey electric guitar
SM57 mic

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2 & Keys
TAL Reverb 2 & Chorus
TDR Nova & Feedback Compressor II
Sampletank 3
Tracktion 4-Band EQ,Chorus, Compressor, Reverb, Delay & Low/High Pass Filter
OldSkoolVerb
mdaEPiano
Roth Air
Ample Guitar Lite
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

https://soundcloud.com/psyerichybrid/be ... er/s-3mDIG

Reaper, Epiphone Les Paul, Ltd 6-string bass, Addictive drums, Zebra., Eq, Guitar Rig, Bias Fx

https://soundcloud.com/skipscada/more-of-everything

DAW: Tracktion Waveform 8
OUTBOARD: Epiphone Sheraton electric guitar; El Cheapo bass guitar; Really Nice Limiting Amplifier; Audient ID22; Beyer Dynamics 201 TG mic; Electro Harmonix POG2
VST INSTRUMENTS: EZDrummer2 Classic kit & tweaked midi; Tracktion Collective Brass & Strings; Korg Wavestation strings; Arturia Analog Lab SEM bass synth & Farfisa organ; NI Monark bass.
VST EFFECTS: Bass Professor MkII for bass guitar; EZMix2 for guitars, vox and mastering; 2ACBreeze for vox reverb.

Last minute effort in order to submit something. Most of the lyrics and a sketch for the melody line were ready early in the month, but life got in the way and I did most of it on the last day, so forgive the bad vocals and timing and rudimentary mix. Initially I went for 6/8 (I think) time with the ambition to do something along the lines of Ravel's Bolero (but in a pop music way) in terms of rhythm and bombast. That was too ambitious, and things took a different turn.

Return to “Music Cafe”