The trolls of the stone field

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soundtrack played with VSTi synthesizers

Hillside Synths - The trolls of the stone field mp3

artist: Hillside Synths
song: The trolls of the stone field (Kivipellon peikot)
made by Markku J Aalto

The composition is very strong as usual. I just wish you would use a better quality sample library.

Good work!

I must say, those eyes in the image are pretty creepy! The track also has a very impending doom quality with a touch of hope mixed in, conjured up some interesting images.

great orchestration reminiscent of some old moody blues. i enjoyed it, Markku. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hi Franz
Thanks for the listening and reply
Frantz wrote:The composition is very strong as usual. I just wish you would use a better quality sample library.
Good work!
I wish too I'd have better sounds, but they are quit expensive :wink:

I liked that Mark. Made me think of trolls, magical but clumsy.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Mike Pinder is that you?

Hi jKillz and layzer
Thanks for the listening and reply

annode
Thanks for the reply
Greetings M J Aalto

Hi Doc Brown
Thanks for the listening.
Doc Brown wrote:Mike Pinder is that you?
No no! :) :)
I'm just another melancholy man who have listened the Moody Blues at sixties. :) :) :)

The trolls in the illustration appear to be a lot more likeable than many that I have come across in the past. This piece of music is definitely an appropriate musical accompaniment for the creatures in your image. A sombre, but, at the same time, pleasant piece of music.

Good work :)

Hi seismic1

Thanks for the listening and a reply.

Very folklory...enjoyed it :-)

I like the composition! Not sure you need more expensive sample libraries as much as a bit more attention to detail in the programming. Unfortunately, that gets boring and tedious pretty fast. If your interest is more in the composition, and you are less interested in the sound itself, I wouldn't worry about it too much. We can appreciate the composition this way too.

Even a little bit of volume automation/expression and vibrato (better with pitch bend than an LFO) would go a long way to making the samples come to life more. You have a couple of small crescendos, but much of the instrumentation is a bit static.

But the sound and programming is exactly what you want if you are going for the retro gaming sound. This would definitely fit a retro flavoured game very well (and your image).

Hi Living Room

Thanks for the listening and a comment!

Return to “Music Cafe”