Where Eagles Fly | Guitar-based upbeat pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Enjoyed this. It has good energy and pep! The change of guitar from strums to reggae ish was nice.
Good positive lyrics too!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I like the new mix! The vox are sitting better in the mix. The drums are still a bit submerged but I think they sound good. Put a fork in it, it's done. :tu:

"The trick to flying is to miss the ground." Great line! Makes me smile every time. :)

layzer wrote:good catchy, poppy little tune.....go Eagles - SuperBowl LII Champions!
Thanks; but I have to confess I have no idea about American handball beyond the rules (I've played a bit myself). Are they your team? I have to admit I don't even know what city they are based in. :scared:

I guess you can tell I didn't watch the Superbowl :lol:
Brother Charles wrote:Dandy tune! I like your cool, 80s pop vibe.
You been looking at my profile pic? :)

Interesting observation about the decade, because I wasn't sure if this was late 80s or early 90s. But everyone else seems to think 80s. Part of me thinks that there might be a bit of Roxette in this one somewhere; guitar-centric and very poppy was their thing after all.
Allomerus wrote:Enjoyed this. It has good energy and pep! The change of guitar from strums to reggae ish was nice.
Good positive lyrics too!
Well done!
:)
Cheers; I'm a big fan of offbeat. Which is also part of my feeling that this could be early 90s. A lot of Ace of Base had that same feel to it as the verse. They sounded nothing like reggae, but obviously had some reggae influences in the beats. Not a big fan personally though :)
Frantz wrote:I like the new mix! The vox are sitting better in the mix. The drums are still a bit submerged but I think they sound good. Put a fork in it, it's done. :tu:
Yeah, I think that's enough. Spent way too much time on this one anyway.

Thanks for your input on the drums btw.
Frantz wrote: "The trick to flying is to miss the ground." Great line! Makes me smile every time. :)
Good artists copy, great artists steal*.
So, bonus points to anyone who knows where that line originates from. You are the first one to even spot the reference btw Frantz, but I'm getting the feeling you don't realise it's a reference. Is that so?

* So do shit artists of course, I could also be the next Vanilla Ice

sjm wrote: So, bonus points to anyone who knows where that line originates from. You are the first one to even spot the reference btw Frantz, but I'm getting the feeling you don't realise it's a reference. Is that so?
Oh, Douglas Adams. I read all of those books when they first came out but forgot a lot of the details. Yes, I missed the reference. :clown:

That's the one. I like the way that the whole distraction idea to learn how to fly tied in with the theme of flying as a way to escape the humdrum of everyday existence (represented by the ground).
HGTTG wrote: One problem is that you have to miss the ground accidentally. It's no good deliberately intending to miss the ground because you won't. You have to have your attention suddenly distracted by something else then you're halfway there, so that you are no longer thinking about falling, or about the ground, or about how much it's going to hurt if you fail to miss it.

It is notoriously difficult to prise your attention away from these three things during the split second you have at your disposal.

So 100 points to Frantz, who now only need 9,900 more to win a washing machine! Well done!

Return to “Music Cafe”