Evil Techno somehow turned out a bit Native American : ))

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Made it today made some loops on the iPad and imported them into Live and mangled them. Kick 2 for main kick. Personally think its a bit long but DJs probably like that.

https://soundcloud.com/winkie00/friction

This was very interesting for sure. It has some elements that can be harnessed to a great potential and others that I would recommend moving away from. At the same time, make what you like, these are just my first impressions :)

The intro has potential, but only if it keeps the listener interested. I am guessing you were going for the minimal style and I really liked when you were feeding in the previews of the bass, kudos there. In the end, I agree with you, the intro is way too long. Also, I was hoping for more automations and fx throughout the track to keep interest levels high. I bet it would really take the track to the next level. The beat is good and is trancey but it wears on you after a few minutes. Also, the ending has some undesirable frequencies that you might want to remove going forward. My poor dog lifted his head in curiosity when the ending started lol.

I say this with the best intentions. I like where you are going with this track and hope my feedback is at least a little bit helpful.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to hearing more!

Not offended, all advice is good. I will cut it down and work on it today. Going to cut it down to about 5 minutes and add some sounds. It was an experiment to get something off the ipad and get it into live. It was hard to get the ipad at the same bpm as Ableton. : ))

Awesome, I look forward to hearing what you come up with :)

Return to “Music Cafe”