[Trance] The Void Beckons

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Updated: I revised the track with some changes. Mainly, I cut the kick back a bit, added some reverb to the hats, removed a layer, adjusted the rhythm for one of the arps, tweaked the ending, and scaled back some of the parts.

Hi there,

For this track, I went super heavy on sound design using Sytrus in FL Studio. Spent about 2/3 of the time crafting out soundscapes and arps. I felt like they fit well with the theme, but I leave that to you to decide.

Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/jkillz1/jkillz-t ... roductionz

Thanks for listening.
Last edited by JKillz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transitions cool JKIllz. I know everyone says let the kick through but maybe not as strong ( I think when the kick is too strong it cuts out your midrange stuff, answers on a postcard). Its hard though as everyones sound setup is different. Actually listened again and thought slightly more verb on hihats. : )) Overall very good though, being nitpicky.

wild ride man! that wowsynth 3/4 into it broke the wowsynth speed limit, damn! lol
good job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Intense rhythms. Very cool arps and bass. Great sound design.

Maybe the kick is too loud?

I updated the track with some changes. Mainly, I cut the kick back a bit, added some reverb to the hats, removed a layer, adjusted the rhythm for one of the arps, tweaked the ending, and scaled back some of the parts.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

JKillz wrote:I updated the track with some changes. Mainly, I cut the kick back a bit, added some reverb to the hats, removed a layer, adjusted the rhythm for one of the arps, tweaked the ending, and scaled back some of the parts.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
it sounded fine before the update to me for the genre... loud powerfull kick
but ok. still sounds excellent to me :lol: :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I can appreciate that Layzer, glad I didn't ruin it with the minor tweaks lol. I actually posted it on another forum and seemed like the feedback was consistent. I know my ears will play tricks on me too :P

Not my bag really but I can hear how much love and time you put into it... Superb sound design!

Awesome track ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Sounds good bud.

@-Fature- Thanks for giving it a listen even though not a style you normally listen to and appreciate the compliment :)

@Halonmusic - Thanks, I appreciate it.

@winkie00 - Very kind of you, thanks.

Hey JKills,

nice track.I like the sounds and transitions and subscribed to your SC channel. :tu:

Regards, tilidin

nice job! enjoyed this
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Thanks Tilidin and ATS, I appreciate it :)

Love it, groovy and trippy. The sound design is absolutely crazy

I'm not sure about the lead part (the one which starts around 3:58) - the synth itself sounds good but I think the track calls for a bit darker melody, perhaps something in the Phrygian mode.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Music Cafe”