[Melodic Dubstep]Maesag & Joshua Epp - Unity

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool track, definitely a genre I can't get enough of. The growls seemed a bit buried behind the leads, but maybe that's just me wanting them to jump out. There were some nice melodic elements in this one too, but they may be overpowering the mix just a bit.

Other than that, nice track, thanks for sharing :)

JKillz wrote:Cool track, definitely a genre I can't get enough of. The growls seemed a bit buried behind the leads, but maybe that's just me wanting them to jump out. There were some nice melodic elements in this one too, but they may be overpowering the mix just a bit.

Other than that, nice track, thanks for sharing :)
The growl was my fault actually, i did this track a while ago when i had just started.

"...overpowering the mix just a bit." :o

I'll make sure that doesn't happen in the future :lol:
I appreciate your feedback.

JKillz wrote:The growls seemed a bit buried behind the leads, but maybe that's just me wanting them to jump out. There were some nice melodic elements in this one too, but they may be overpowering the mix just a bit.
I *think* the main culprit is the sidechained synth burying the hihats. Take a listen at 1:10 or 2:28, and focus on the hihat frequencies and where that synth is playing when it comes in off the release. The result is that only the kick and snare are carrying the groove. The hihats are getting washed away as the sidechain releases.

To me, that's the synth "overpowering the mix". It's not only the hihats, but that's where you really notice it washing away the other elements.

sjm wrote: The result is that only the kick and snare are carrying the groove. The hihats are getting washed away as the sidechain releases.

To me, that's the synth "overpowering the mix". It's not only the hihats, but that's where you really notice it washing away the other elements.
@sjm I appreciate your feedback, i will make sure to do better next time :tu:
If you like the track don't forget to get your free copy.

You hit the style quite exactly. Although filtering the whole drum bus doesn't sound that good here. Otherwise cool work.
Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote:You hit the style quite exactly. Although filtering the whole drum bus doesn't sound that good here. Otherwise cool work.
Greetings
HM
I think the filtered drums lasted too long through out the song. The idea of filtering i believe was Joshua's idea. I will make sure next time if i filter the drum bus to not filter for too long maybe just the first 8 Bars.
@htcnext2 thank you for your feedback :tu:

Yessa. Cool track and good work! 8)

I liked your track and follow you on SC.

Return to “Music Cafe”