sunday noodles...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hell to the yes ...

How I imagine achieving escape velocity might sound. Interstellar.

Great space guitar sound. The feedbacks sound good here. Enjoyed listening.
Greetings
HM

First thought: that's pretty luscious!
Second thought: there's so much space!
Third thought: that guitar sounds suspiciously like a trumpet at times...
Fourth thought: or maybe not... but I wonder what a trumpet would sound like through these FX? Would it maybe sound like a guitar?
Fifth thought: I'm overthinking this.

So, erm, I thought it was interesting and thought-provoking?

On a purely emotional level: it sounded f@*#ing cool.

experimental.crow wrote:hell to the yes ...
i guess you enjoyed it then :lol:

thecontrolcentre wrote:How I imagine achieving escape velocity might sound. Interstellar.
8)

htcnext2 wrote:Great space guitar sound. The feedbacks sound good here. Enjoyed listening.
Greetings
HM
thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed :D

sjm wrote:First thought: that's pretty luscious!
Second thought: there's so much space!
Third thought: that guitar sounds suspiciously like a trumpet at times...
Fourth thought: or maybe not... but I wonder what a trumpet would sound like through these FX? Would it maybe sound like a guitar?
Fifth thought: I'm overthinking this.

So, erm, I thought it was interesting and thought-provoking?

On a purely emotional level: it sounded f@*#ing cool.
wow, thanks :D
for both listening and sharing your thoughts, ill do my best to address them :hihi:

1) thanks, the whole thing together is 3 layers of ebow guitar, with enough reverb on each to drown a bag of kittens. all summed in to one bus, with a gstring run in centre and two different dstring runs panned out max, then even more reverb on the return :D
scooped out the mids.
then recorded the guitar (no ebow) over the top with my usual fuzz and a much more restrained for me than usual delay :o

2) im gonna say that comes from two reverb pedals in the chain for each ebow run, not to mention the additional once it hit the pc :hihi:

3) hmmm, i think that's the fuzz, i often hear fuzzes making guitars sound like different instruments, on the shroom bloom if i hit the second footswitch it actually makes it sound like a spectrum loading :?

4)i would never object to putting any other sound through my effects, sadly due to all that weed i do not have the lungs personally for trumpet :hihi:

5) i wouldn't say overthinking, more "being creative with your thoughts" :)

as for the un numbered final thoughts, i thank you kindly :oops:

well, this seems to have worked quite nicely with all four of you :D
thanks to you all for the listen and kind words :)

if one were to slow down time I wonder if this is what songs might sound like. It's very cool, it would be awesome for a laser/light show :)

did I get yah with the pm response?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i slow down time all the time by not buying new batteries for my clock.

(i don't actually own any clocks, aside from the ones forced upon me by my pc and phone)

i deserved it for using the batphone...

The fuzz guitar was very good, but I really liked the ebow drones, especially that long fade at the end. In fact, I liked it 3 times so far.

Good work :)

vurt wrote:as for the un numbered final thoughts, i thank you kindly :oops:

well, this seems to have worked quite nicely with all four of you :D
Indeed! I thought it was surprisingly musical for what is essentially just noodling on a guitar when you're supposed to be getting high in church. I don't mean that I was humming the "chorus" to myself for days afterwards, but that the layers on layers of simple tones creates a very musical sounding landscape that seems to stretch to infinity and back. There's a harmonic depth as a result, but it's very different from the sound of a traditional band playing together. That's what makes it so fascinating. It's so much more than yet another nice sound(TM).

I like where it goes to these saturated mids later the most, I think.

that and the impactful first moments

for a bit it really reminded me of something but it didn't occur to me immediately.
Fripp. Frippertronics. Smoother, though.

I would love to have two Revox A or B 77s and do that Eno trip Fripp stole from him...
which I learned from the back of a cereal box. Er, album cover.

Nice stuff. I enjoyed it. I wish the end wasn't cut off and had just faded nicely to silence. Was that end drone still the ebowed guitar? The reverb was huge/long, to the point where it almost sounded like a freeze mode, except i detected no looping. Nice work, Vurt.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”