off the shore - a place to go [indietronica]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

it has been quite a long time, but here's my newest track.

https://soundcloud.com/offtheshore/a-place-to-go

I hope you guys like it!

All the best and thanks for listening! :)

cool, chill tune. i thought there was too much overdrive type distortion on everything making the whole thing fuzzy, we want a balance of crystal clear to compliment the distortion. mostly enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for the feedback! :) Actually I wanted the track to be kinda fuzzy and distorted, but blended with with some softer sounds to create some kind of contrast. But I'm gonna think about it again when I find some time! :tu:

i partly agree with layzer, the mix needs something a little forward to balance the spectrum. where i differ is im not sure "crystal clear" is necessary. either could work, id give both a try and see what you feel :)

maybe just give the piano sound a shorter attack so its more natural sounding, and pull back on the eq as its got no highs left at all, so at the moment it almost just blends in.

compositionally, everything sounds good though, so the important part is right! :tu:
just a few mix tweaks

Cool, thanks for the suggestions and the nice words! ;-) I'm gonna rework the mix based on both of your suggestions! :-) Your comments really help me a lot! So, thanks again, guys!!

Great tune! Moody and atmospheric.

I am fine with the mix but I suppose a little more clarity wouldn't hurt.

The synthlines and the piano work well, good composition, maybe the fillers could be a bit louder, generaly the mix is a bit taken back. But no problem. Nice track.

Enjoyed it quite a bit, had this thing in my head, rainy day, you look outside of the window thinking "is this all I got", than look around room, picture of your ex, no more booze left in the bottle, then you just fold down in corner and cry good minute... good times. :scared:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thanks for the comments, guys! ;-)

@Zexila: Actually I have this feeling that this track is one of the more optimistic ones! But yeah, just can't get rid of the melancholy... :scared: :)

Very pleasant, powerful, just love it.
Thanks.

Unreflected wrote:Very pleasant, powerful, just love it.
Thanks.
Thank you for the nice words! :-)

Very nicely done, laidback but powerful in its own sweet way.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Return to “Music Cafe”