Dubble Trubble - Dub

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seem to have been a few dub/reggae tracks posted recently, so here's one I prepared earlier (December I think).

https://soundcloud.com/steevm/dubble-trubble-wip

Big thanks go out to IL forum users for their feedback, in particular to pararealist for his insights into reggae playing technique and donkeytugger for his excellent suggestion that I use my own FX sample pack to add some badly needed FX (duh).

If you prefer your music visual you can also marvel at my leet video editing skills on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hkFx_HW7E

All footage shot on my phone or made in FL Studio with ZGameEditor Visualizer. Could be better, but it was more a POC than anything and good fun to make.

skankin!
pretty bloody good indeed!

Yeah, cool tune and video.
Sounds a bit like a British Scratch Perry!
Good effort.

sjm wrote: and donkeytugger for his excellent suggestion that I use my own FX sample pack to add some badly needed FX (duh).
As one of my esteemed colleagues once said in a meeting, "it's a wood for trees situation", shortly before I launched myself over the desk at his throat...

ot: i still giggle to myself occasionally about you stopping that hippy playing guitar and just saying "no" as he started his song again :lol:

dark water wrote:Yeah, cool tune and video.
Sounds a bit like a British Scratch Perry!
Good effort.
You made my day for 2 reasons. Flattering comparison, and for once someone doesn't think I sound like Robert Smith/David Byrne/Bowie (a bizarre one IMO). :party:

vurt wrote:skankin!
pretty bloody good indeed!

ot: i still giggle to myself occasionally about you stopping that hippy playing guitar and just saying "no" as he started his song again :lol:
Cheers... but save the off topic blather for the guitar VST thread please.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Also, what's the story behind this hippy guy anyway?

donkey tugger wrote:As one of my esteemed colleagues once said in a meeting, "it's a wood for trees situation", shortly before I launched myself over the desk at his throat...
Better than having a wood for twee situation.

I’ve never heard this specific genre before. I remember the reggae craze in the late 70’s or so. It was after the bluegrass craze. That got old quick. :lol:

It sounds good! You can’t miss the hook!

Lovin the vibe here ! Wouldn't mind hearing this on the radio every now and then ^^

Nice vibe to this. Bass and guitar are cool. Like the sound of the lead synth too!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Sounds good.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

fastlanephil wrote:I’ve never heard this specific genre before. I remember the reggae craze in the late 70’s or so. It was after the bluegrass craze. That got old quick. :lol:
The way I understand it, dub is really just reggae with lots of delay. Plus some added FX and sirens (with delay of course) and some vocals (singing or MC-ing, again with loads of delay) and presumably copious amounts of mary jane.
fastlanephil wrote: It sounds good! You can’t miss the hook!
I was up all night agonising over the lyrics, I tell you...

Rowbance wrote:Lovin the vibe here ! Wouldn't mind hearing this on the radio every now and then ^^
Me neither! You get paid for that, right? :lol:
Rameses wrote:Sounds good.
Thanks!
Allomerus wrote:Nice vibe to this. Bass and guitar are cool. Like the sound of the lead synth too!
Well done!
:)
Had to practice the skanks a bit, not as easy as you'd think. Think it worked out OK in the end though. Playing reggae bass is always fun, one of the best genres for a bassist IMO.

The reggae playing is very good and the vox are fun. Solid production. Good stuff. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”