Solid State Secrets (Spy Theme)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scoring Guitars 2 came out today, and while I generally detest libraries like this, it was cheap and flexible enough that it could be suitable for some background stuff in small doses.

None the less, I made a Spy sort of theme with it, some drums and other stuff. I had this piano melody, but I decided I liked it better as more of an atmospheric track.

https://soundcloud.com/chrisschmidtcomp ... soundtrack

cool track! dig thw guitars/synth mashup. a little longer perhaps
but a sweet "fun sized" goodie nonetheless, good job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:cool track! dig thw guitars/synth mashup. a little longer perhaps
but a sweet "fun sized" goodie nonetheless, good job :tu:
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah, most of my music tends to be "fun-sized" lol. Probably a result of writing film and game music for so long now, but I just like tracks that tend to be a shorter burst of energy than a 3 - 5 minute epic.

As far as it goes, It creates an effective, low key thriller movie atmosphere which could work in the background of a movie scene / PC game etc.

But...

It's very generic at the moment and needs you to add on an extra layer or two of 'you' so that it stands out more from the crowd...very loop-based at the moment...both guitar and drum content. (Having listened to some of your other tracks on SC, some have an interesting and unique flavour that is very much your own).

"3 - 5 minute epic" ...I know what you mean as most of my professional jobs call for musical snippets between 30 seconds and 90 seconds long...still made me laugh though as I'm listening to "Awaken" by Yes as I type ! :0)

Return to “Music Cafe”