Nocturne

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a solo piano neo-classical work that I recently completed. You might hear some pop music influences in this. A slight diversion from my recent output.

I'm using the Garritan CFX Concert Grand.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/nocturne

A simple, effective bit of pop / light classical piano...works very well overall.

The only moments that grated on my ear were when you add that 7th note in the bass and then it didn't descend further as expected...obviously rules are there to be broken, but in this straightforward harmonic context I just wanted it to go there every time.

i liked this one ...
maybe knock the wet level on the reverb back a bit ...

melodic-ly rich. i think the note volumes are alittle too similar.
not sure if its from compression bringing up the quiet ones
up with the louder ones. whichever, IMO it would sound more natural
with more volume variance and dynamic range to them. enjoyed regardless :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ChamMusic wrote:A simple, effective bit of pop / light classical piano...works very well overall.

The only moments that grated on my ear were when you add that 7th note in the bass and then it didn't descend further as expected...obviously rules are there to be broken, but in this straightforward harmonic context I just wanted it to go there every time.
Thanks for the comments ChamMusic.

Yes that missing 7th note stuck out like a sore thumb in this instance so I removed it. Either it has to do with the CFX Grand Piano or the sampling. A little bump in the road on a pleasant ride.

experimental.crow wrote:i liked this one ...
maybe knock the wet level on the reverb back a bit ...
I’m glad you liked it experimental. crow.

The verb was a piano recital hall in EW Spaces. Yes, not exactly front row seats.

layzer wrote:melodic-ly rich. i think the note volumes are alittle too similar.
not sure if its from compression bringing up the quiet ones
up with the louder ones. whichever, IMO it would sound more natural
with more volume variance and dynamic range to them. enjoyed regardless :tu:
Thanks for the comments and appreciation lazer. I didn’t spend too much time adjusting individual note volumes or sections after playing it in. I’m a little rusty with the piano playing and the Garritan CFX Concert Grand is a pretty dynamic(touchy)virtual piano. At least in default mode.

ChamMusic wrote:
:hihi: I was thinking exactly the same thing...go down the scale damn you!

Lovely little piece notwithstanding mind.

Listening to what I assume is the updated version and I enjoyed this, on the whole. It was nice, light and elegantly done.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Enjoyed this. It has a lovely touch to it and nice melodies...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Easy listening in the literal sense. Very easy to listen to.

"He plays them great, great tunes."

Good work :)

Nice, but i'm missing Yngwie here :hihi:

Very pleasant. :tu:

biodiode wrote:Listening to what I assume is the updated version and I enjoyed this, on the whole. It was nice, light and elegantly done.
Thanks biodiode.

It’s the original posted version. I ain’t changin’ nothin! :lol:

donkey tugger wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:
:hihi: I was thinking exactly the same thing...go down the scale damn you!

Lovely little piece notwithstanding mind.
Thanks for commenting donkey tugger.

Return to “Music Cafe”