epic monsters from the id battle royale! (modular madness)[vurts magnum opiates]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

probably a bit long for most listeners, but those who do endeavour to listen to at least parts, i hope they will find some elements to enjoy.
its a wip really, but this is the first mix, im quite pleased so far, but may reduce some parts and add more shorter passages.

let the machines do their work...

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... ix%201.mp3

bump in case anyone is looking to escape the family for half an hour as its easter :hihi:

I got through all of it (well, except for the bit where I left the room). Can't really say it is my thing, although I bet it is much more fun to actually be part of the process.

Maybe I just need to start doing drugs again :scared: Thanks for sharing :tu:

oh my! the best bit wa exactly when you left the room :o
everything else was filler :hihi:

i thank you for listening to this, especially given the length and its not your thing.
if there was a way i could upgrade your kvraf, youd just be "dude." 8)

and yeah, its always fun just getting lost in the noises :D

and im never one to encourage others to do drugs.
thered be none for me if everyone did it :o

Hmm, I kinda like this sort of thing - or at least the pretentious wannabe boho hipster in me that is drawn to artwank likes this sort of thing. The part of me that goes to modern dance performances, say, the last of which featured the two dancers (one male, one female) baring their buttocks and imploring members of the audience to come and spank them with some sort of beach tennis paddles.

I don't know if that says more about me, or more about this piece, that that is what comes to mind.

Anyway, I like art - pretentious or not - that challenges assumptions or preconceived notions. Sometimes it's just a little unexpected twist, a good punchline if you will. Sometimes it's going outside the boundaries of mainstream art. As long as it's not bland and makes me think, it serves its purposes. The worst art for me is ambivalent - that's what makes you go "meh".

For me, this is most definitely in that interesting realm. If I'm walking through an art exhibition with all sorts of weird installations and stuff, this is perfect music. It's something different, while still evolving nicely and not being imposing or ugly. In parts it would even make great background music/atmosphere FX for a video game.

However, interesting doesn't equate to catchy. I'm not going to buy the CD and learn all the lyrics.

vurt wrote:oh my! the best bit was exactly when you left the room :o
everything else was filler :hihi:
I'm assuming the best bit was where that one sound went plink and then the other sound faded in. If so, el-bo really missed a treat there.

Also, for some reason the MP3 kept stuttering every 5-10 minutes and I had to refresh. Not sure what's up there. Never been a problem with your MP3s before.
Last edited by sjm on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I listened to it after dinner. I thought it was good for this sort of project. I managed to get in my after dinner cat nap so I missed a few minutes or several seconds of it. I have always nodded off at most classical music concerts and the opera too.

So it was quite relaxing for me. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”