Anthony Aquino - Risen from the dead

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, here is my new oldschool trance track for download.

https://soundcloud.com/anthonyaquino/ri ... m-the-dead

Looking for feedbacks more mixing/mastering oriented. :)

It might just be me, but that synthy thing that comes in at 3:04 just sounds like the DJ doesn't know how to mix to me. Like he's got two songs he's trying to mix together, but they don't fit together at all. The notes are all over the place, and it's not coherent to my ears.

I know you asked about the mix, but that's what jumped out at me more than anything.

sjm wrote:It might just be me, but that synthy thing that comes in at 3:04 just sounds like the DJ doesn't know how to mix to me. Like he's got two songs he's trying to mix together, but they don't fit together at all. The notes are all over the place, and it's not coherent to my ears.

I know you asked about the mix, but that's what jumped out at me more than anything.
Totally agree!

Overall it's quite a nice bit of Trance...good, driving groove.

Doesn't stand out from the crowd though ...needs a strong hook / killer lead melody + the production is a little bit flat and one dimensional....needs more depth to the sound stage.

I'll start by saying that overall, I like this song. You have some great melodic content and good groove going with your main parts.

That being said, the feedback is accurate imo. Assuming it is a sample, you can either remove/replace it completely, or run it through a filter and mess with stripping back some of its frequencies. It is also a bit loud compared to the rest of the mix. Beyond that, you can throw in some more effects and do broader filter sweeps on the main leads for more variations.

Other than, keep it up, this has a lot of potential

@sjm I see, I wanted fill the entire spectrum, so I layered 3 pads, but yet the notes are in the same scale (F major), they are not fitting well musically.

@ChamMusic I tried to be more progressive than uplifting (kinda Airwave - Save me or Airwave - Above the sky), so the music is more "flat" on purpose, but it's my fault that in the end it doesn't sounds more attractive, so I've to improve my lead melody skills.

@JKillz and @ChamMusic, regarding sound depth, I think I messed up in my amateur mastering, I made a Ableton rack with the free ozone stereo imager and in the mid frequencies, I narrowed a lot, so the music is very centered.
Yet I ve to add more musical depth using reverb and proper eq.

By the way, my main influence when "reference arranging" this track was Activa - Luminosity.

Finally, thanks for your time guys, much appreciated feedback. :love:

I liked the groove and the ambiance. Nice mix and sounds except the sounds that come in on 3:01.
As sjm have noticed those sounds don't fit well in mix. I think if those sounds could be much quieter
and be at background, they fit better in mix.

nice saturday toe tappin listen. powerful and driving.
yeah, that organ sound at 3:00 sounds off key and throws
the groove off. grab a guitar tuner plugin and test what key
it is in compared to the rest of the sounds.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”