May Contest: Gossip - Everything’s fine!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Changing the strings on the bastard thing is, shall we say, fiddly. I may just have finished doing it by the end of May. :x

..and then when you go back to playing the guitar....it's far too big, I can't possibly play this. :scared:

donkey tugger wrote:Changing the strings on the bastard thing is, shall we say, fiddly. I may just have finished doing it by the end of May. :x

..and then when you go back to playing the guitar....it's far too big, I can't possibly play this. :scared:
Don't be a Wuss!
Imagine what it's like having to go from a full size 88 note weighed keyboard (with aftertouch) to plasticky 25 note minikeys that are barely velocity sensitive.
{mutter}off my lawn{mutter}
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Imagine what it's like having to go from a full size 88 note weighed keyboard (with aftertouch) to plasticky 25 note minikeys that are barely velocity sensitive.
{mutter}off my lawn{mutter}
I relate :hug: I have a small two octave midi controller sat on the desk at my left hand whilst synth programming. I find I'm fat fingering the sharps all the time and forget playing anything "interesting" on it.

AKAI MPK 225 controller here. Still have to figure it out really. Nice flashing lights.

hey, can we see pix of YOUR studio space for participants ? Lava lamps and all ??? 8)
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours..."
edit - & monkey lamp
I've new(almost recently cleaned) pix of my desk and controllers :
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

dirtyLab2.jpg
studio2.jpg
studio.jpg
Here's mine. Always way more cluttered than this with old beer cans and dirty socks laying around.

To be fair I uploaded the "Studio in Session" picture. Lots to see. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tbase2000 on Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some random musical stuff and the all important rolling baccy, plus a t-shirt;
musicshite1.jpg
Some guitars and trousers;
musicshite2.jpg
On the song, got the mandolin on now. I fear if Jimmy Page didn't already have so much money he may sue.. :scared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Monitors look awful high @Donkey. Do you stand when you mix or go to the back of the room?

Is that Fem Fresh on the window cill?

Tbase2000 wrote:Monitors look awful high @Donkey. Do you stand when you mix or go to the back of the room?
Hehe, I was leaning back when I took the picture..they're the same height as me ears when sat normally.
Last edited by donkey tugger on Tue May 08, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote:Is that Fem Fresh on the window cill?
Febreeze, for when a gentleman has a meeting with some boring f**kers, but can't be arsed washing and ironing his trousers. :hihi:

DT - you’re a much better mando player than u r a photographer. Those pix are terrible bro

expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:DT - you’re a much better mando player than u r a photographer. Those pix are terrible bro
The current view on the computer screen was very clever, though. Very meta.

I envy those of you who have a dedicated space where your gear is permanently ready to go (some even with headphones where the earpads are colour-matched to your goatee). No point for me to post pictures since my setup is just a tiny ordinary table with a PC. Only the monitors (speakers) and audio interface are permanently connected. Other bits and pieces are stashed away here and there and only come out when I "lay down a part". Ideally I'll set up in the living room with a duvet or whatnot here and there for damping, but in reality I always end up just warbling into the mic right next to my noisy PC and plugging the guitar or bass straight into the audio interface while I take a break from work. So I'm not even a bedroom musician, I'm an office musician.

skipscada wrote: So I'm not even a bedroom musician
I have on occasion taken the 'bedroom' part to it's logical extension, and recorded some of my better attempts at singing on the little Samson USB mic plugged into the laptop, whilst in bed. :hihi:

Wouldn't mind having a larger space for sonic reasons as it's in a tiny box room, I'm standing outside the door to take the photo. However I love having a dedicated space, I can go in here, close the door and say goodbye to the world for a few hours. :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”