Subaqueous (ElectroProg - Seismic Pastels)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eauson wrote:Listening on headphones, Sony MDR CD 480, best 50p I've every spent :)

Opening, resonance is very high, a bit too much and was noticeable throughput , a soft hiss of white noise would be appreciated by my ears, the drum/bass type delay adds a nice rhythmic flow and the ethereal pad floats very nicely although at times it seems to slightly bend in upon itself causing almost a self osculating effect, as the drift pad comes in, it gathers the space nicely, almost like an early morning mist, the things that holds the most charm is the theraminesque sound, like the song of a flying skybound whale :D
There is a lot of resonance present in the intro synth, but that was my main motivation for using the sound. I think I spent the first 5 years of this DAW lark trying to make the mixes sound as clean as possible, In 2014, I fell in with a bad crowd of peeps over at AO :evil: , the upshot of which was a new-found desire to muddy things up a little bit :party:

My previous track "The Crossing" had about 12 spots where the synths were combining to push the levels just a little too high, so I changed the EQ settings to bring them down to a conventional level. After that, the track seemed to lose a lot of its personality, so I brought the levels up just enough to bring 3 or 4 spots of the original distortion back. I'm just an imperfectionist at heart :)

The lead synth is Arturia's 2600V2, but the Modular V is also great for that type of sound.

Thanks very much for listening, and for the thoughtful comments :)

Return to “Music Cafe”