Darkness - a song about history falling into oblivion

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a story behind this track. It deals with a dark chapter in Austrian history during WW II. People involved in crimes weren´t persecuted after war and led a renowned life in society. Please follow the links for further information.

https://soundcloud.com/user-169755010/darkness

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am_Spiegelgrund_clinic
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Bertha

I know, it´s not a music related topic, it´s a personal concern.
Thanks for taking the time.

I could picture the music as a backdrop for a documentary or something like that.

Very interesting track

I liked that, really well done and interesting - kept my attention (I tend to usually lose interest in purely instrumental music quite quickly, being a pop bastard. "When's the singing start...?" :hihi: ) and whilst there's a lot going on, it all works as a whole. Good stuff.

Nicely arranged soundtrack music. Quite effective even if the darkness does not really come across in the music. Good job. :tu:

wagtunes wrote:I could picture the music as a backdrop for a documentary or something like that.

Very interesting track
Thanks for commenting :-)

donkey tugger wrote:I liked that, really well done and interesting - kept my attention (I tend to usually lose interest in purely instrumental music quite quickly, being a pop bastard. "When's the singing start...?" :hihi: ) and whilst there's a lot going on, it all works as a whole. Good stuff.
As I am not capable of singing, most of my tracks are instrumentals. Thanks for listening! :phones:

Frantz wrote:Nicely arranged soundtrack music. Quite effective even if the darkness does not really come across in the music. Good job. :tu:
The track is in C maj, which is in contrast to the underlying story. A trick I once heard from professionals. :!:

I like the music. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I like the music. :tu:
Thank you :)

An interesting , well-produced piece of music. I enjoyed it a lot.

Didn't fit the subject matter that well for me though...very chilled and uplifting is the vibe I got...

Maybe that's what you wanted? Fair enough as it works for you, but if I hadn't read your back story it wouldn't have come to mind at all for me.
htcnext2 wrote:The track is in C maj, which is in contrast to the underlying story. A trick I once heard from professionals.
Something unexpected like this can be very effective indeed, but that comment you received would almost certainly have been used for a context where there was either lyrical or visual content that could 'clash' positively with the musical vibe. Here there is no other stimulus / input in the actual media, so there is no contrast.

I got a rather light at the end of the darkness vibe out of it rather than just darkness. but it was a well produced piece, regardless.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

@cham music/layzer

Thank you for commenting. With darkness I mean the fact that after some time all history is not visible anymore, it falls into oblivion and all that remains is darkness. There is one short vocal sample in the track, saying: I don't want to sleep. For me it says like: I want to see what happens in this darkness and don't want to close my eyes.

Ok, this is all from my personal point of view, but that's how I meant it. And of course the track is really lovely (well maybe) to listen to, but as already mentioned, the story isn't that lovely at all.

On the other hand, it is fine if the track works as a piece of music someone likes to listen to without knowing the background. Then it is just a compliment for me that I accomplished something audible.

Greetings
HM

On the surface, I can agree with some of the comments mentioning a chilled vibe, but I would go further and say that it's quite a hypnotic, almost anaesthetic piece of music, particularly with the soft repeated arpeggio, and the indistinct, reverbed vocal in the background. As there is no obvious resolution at the end of the piece, I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is uplifting. I was left thinking "What just happened there?" I think it would work quite well as a soundtrack for your stated context, given suitable visuals.

Good work :)

@seismic
Thank you very much for commenting, glad you liked it :)
Greetings
HM

a nice mellow piece 8)
like layzer i can hear it as a "yes, there is darkness in the world but we hopefully try to move past it and come out the other side"
its always darkest before dawn, so to speak.

anyway, well mixed and carries along nicely :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”