Gated Universe

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A 100BPM trip inside Logic´s Step FX plus Phat FX (and of course a´some other tools :D
But this started mainly with playing with them....
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/gated-universe

This is very good! Loved those brassy sounds at the beginning...then how the track develops...so many layers...the vocals towards the end...The track is so rich, atmospheric. Perfect!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

This has a ton of goodness going on with it, very much enjoyed it from start to finish!

Lovely sounds. Logic has many great synths that sound cool. Haven't really played with Step FX plus Phat FX yet. My mistake...
The blatty bass is great!
Thanks for sharing.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Interesting composition that moves along nicely. It is amazing what turns up when you experiment. Nice job.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Thank you all :)
This came out better than i thought.
For sure i will use Step FX and Phat FX more now.
I loved already Camel Space especially and Step FX is really awesome since it´s kind of version 2.0 from it.
The basses and brass sounds are mainly P900 here which really goes well with these FX.
The FX are also just mainly a simple bass sounds from P900 played trough Phat FX and Step FX as well. But ES2 can quite achieve similar results with this FX.
The vocals are from Heavyocity Vocalise 2 mainly with the intern FX plus a few sound mangled also trough Step FX.
Also again i used my favorite delay and reverb, Replika XT and B2 (but just tiny bits here on some tracks).
The rest is Logic intern stuff.
This track actually has 9 tracks included while 2 of them are even just some notes.
I really love the rhythmic and moving stuff you can get out of these FX with a single sound.
Amazed that i got this all for free now with Logic (but i payed already for Alchemy and Camel Space in the good old days :D ).

I'm on my 3rd listen. :D

himalaya wrote:I'm on my 3rd listen. :D
:) Nice to hear, thx!
It´s indeed a short version. The first "raw" track ended in about 10 minutes or so.
I like long atmospheric electronic while half of the tracks are just a giant build up.
Just some days ago i played with Himalaya Pads inside Alchemy. Still inspires me these days.
Damn i wish for a second one for Logic´s Alchemy with all the new things added.

A second Pads bank for Alchemy 1? Is this what you mean? BTW, Alchemy 2 has all my banks for it by default. You should check out Luftrum's banks for Alchemy too, He makes superb atmospheric sets, or check out his Solaris Konakt library, if you haven't yet. It's sublime!

and regarding the track, you could definitely make it longer since you have a knack for keeping the interest going with all those changes that this track goes through.

Now that's what I call an adventure. Excellent! Creepy, ominous, beautiful, all in one package. Loved it!

Gonna have to check out your Soundcloud page.

wagtunes wrote:Now that's what I call an adventure. Excellent! Creepy, ominous, beautiful, all in one package. Loved it!

Gonna have to check out your Soundcloud page.
Thx. Most of the tracks there are more synth demos and experiments.
Most of my "real" tracks are on Logamp since i don´t like soundcloud but seems still the most used and supported and good for demos of all kind.
The sound compression is not good mostly.
It lacks a lot of the vibrating bass here for me after soundcloud upload.
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat May 12, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

himalaya wrote:A second Pads bank for Alchemy 1? Is this what you mean? BTW, Alchemy 2 has all my banks for it by default. You should check out Luftrum's banks for Alchemy too, He makes superb atmospheric sets, or check out his Solaris Konakt library, if you haven't yet. It's sublime!

and regarding the track, you could definitely make it longer since you have a knack for keeping the interest going with all those changes that this track goes through.
Nah´, i meant for the Logic Alchemy but i still often would prefer v 1.55 because i like microtuning and importing waveforms but Apple removed that for some crazy reason.
I have all the official Alchemy 1.55 preset banks because it always was like a journey to explore them. Alchemy in Logic is in general better but also lost a bit the magic it gave me when there was a new official preset bank.
Most of the old presets are there indeed, sometimes slightly changed and/or under a new name as well. But in general it feels like third party sound designers lost interest since it´s Logic only.

Ah, I see.
Personally, I do have plans to support Alchemy 2 with my own sets it's just that I don't have the time (there are other sound design jobs on my full plate...).

I love Alchemy. My desert island synth.

Why live in a gated community when you can live in a gated universe? It's the best way to keep out the riffraff from other universes. :ud:

Very cool and surprising grooves. I enjoyed this. :)

Regarding the mix, I thought the strings and vox seemed quiet compared to the bass stabs.

Frantz wrote:Why live in a gated community when you can live in a gated universe? It's the best way to keep out the riffraff from other universes. :ud:

Very cool and surprising grooves. I enjoyed this. :)

Regarding the mix, I thought the strings and vox seemed quiet compared to the bass stabs.
Thank you! Yeah, the bass is very dominant here (even tamed at -24 db or so) and it might be a bit over the top in places here :o :D

Return to “Music Cafe”