echos of the id. (long form droneish type thing)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow!
Fabulous sounds...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

cheers mate 8)
its just basic oscillators filters and lfos, but i realised i hadn't droned out yet with the eurorack :hihi: so it needed to be done before there was some catastrophic tear in the fabric of space...

i need to spend some time doing some café listening, notice you and your brother got a new one up :tu:

Interesting piece of music. Nice variations throughout. Kind of modular/analog soundscape? The track kept my attention, which is not always the case with sounds like that. Good work!

Greetings
HM

A dark, experimental journey. I like it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun making this.

This will be my soundtrack for the next hour or so.

Well that was quite an adventure.

You know, this reminds me of the stuff I used to do back in the late 70s when I got my first synth. I used to love just playing around turning dials and moving sliders. Kind of outgrew it, which is kind of sad in a way. The "joy" of synths just for their own sake has been lost on me. Now they're just a means to an ends to make "real" music.

Anyway, what was this done with? Eurorack? Something else?

My apologies if this has been listed elsewhere and I just missed it.

Anyway, that was REALLY cool.

There's a very similar feel to this to your "epic space hangar" piece from a few months back (vurt lost in space?). Again, I'm not getting much of a human feel, it's all technology and robots and spaceships. Humming engines, robotics bleeps, a metallic sense of spaciousness.

"Interesting" side note: while listening, the oven timer that I'd set started beeping, and it took me about one and a half minutes to realise it wasn't part of the piece. Doh! It did seem to be going on for an awfully long time without variations in timbre, which struck me as odd.

htcnext2 wrote:Interesting piece of music. Nice variations throughout. Kind of modular/analog soundscape? The track kept my attention, which is not always the case with sounds like that. Good work!

Greetings
HM

its modular but not wholly analogue, a few digital modules, mainly sequencing but also one of the oscillators, the make noise telharmonic.
there is also some ni replika on the mix down of four layers of the modular.

thanks for listening.

Unaspected wrote:A dark, experimental journey. I like it. Sounds like you had a lot of fun making this.

This will be my soundtrack for the next hour or so.
cool glad you enjoyed 8)
yeah, its probably more fun being the one plugging it all in and tweaking around :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:
Well that was quite an adventure.

You know, this reminds me of the stuff I used to do back in the late 70s when I got my first synth. I used to love just playing around turning dials and moving sliders. Kind of outgrew it, which is kind of sad in a way. The "joy" of synths just for their own sake has been lost on me. Now they're just a means to an ends to make "real" music.

Anyway, what was this done with? Eurorack? Something else?

My apologies if this has been listed elsewhere and I just missed it.

Anyway, that was REALLY cool.
well, maybe you need to take a little time to just feel that joy again?
im aiming towards doing some "real writing" once ive completed the system i have in mind, till then ill noodle, sketch and post and be damned, be it one thread or a thousand i will never surrender!!!

ps: yeah the eurorack, plus a little replika.

sjm wrote:There's a very similar feel to this to your "epic space hangar" piece from a few months back (vurt lost in space?). Again, I'm not getting much of a human feel, it's all technology and robots and spaceships. Humming engines, robotics bleeps, a metallic sense of spaciousness.
sometimes, i don't feel altogether human.
maybe i long for the freedom space travel would offer.
solitude, amidst the stars...
"Interesting" side note: while listening, the oven timer that I'd set started beeping, and it took me about one and a half minutes to realise it wasn't part of the piece. Doh!
:hihi: or maybe i sampled your oven timer, in the future and travelled back to when i was recording this, did you check in the wardrobe :scared:

It did seem to be going on for an awfully long time without variations in timbre, which struck me as odd.

this aint jazz braw!

Jazz with an oven timer? Is there a market for that?

sjm wrote:Jazz with an oven timer? Is there a market for that?
only if we can find someone to do some robert smithesque warbling, preferably a drunk robert smith doing jazz scat over oven timers set to 9s or 13s :o
its already big in belgium!!!

vurt wrote:
sjm wrote:Jazz with an oven timer? Is there a market for that?
only if we can find someone to do some robert smithesque warbling, preferably a drunk robert smith doing jazz scat over oven timers set to 9s or 13s :o
its already big in Belgium!!!
I have a feeling this is heading quickly into "more oven timer" skit territory. At any rate, I can't warble and play the oven at the same time. Especially not in 13/8.

Why Belgium, of all places?

Return to “Music Cafe”