donkeyt- spanner of the dogs -rokk.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm always bemoaning that when you see/hear demos for guitar related gear, the person is always playing some cheesy blues-based hard rock/metal, so you can't actually tell if the guitar/amp etc is any good for droning chords chords/jangly stuff (proper music...... :hihi: )

Anyway, here's some cheesy blues-based hard rock...

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... e-dogs.mp3

Thanks to those who pointed out on the FL forum that the main guitars were way too spiky in the mid range - sorted now methinks - and the vocals weren't quite sitting right.

Hopefully that nutter has now gone and won't try and nick this one for another of his marvellous youtube videos. :scared:

Kind of a cross between The Chambers Brothers and MC 5.

You know, whenever a friend would put something like this on the turntable, I'd be like "Oh cool, some more druggie music." And I'd do the air guitar and/or drums thing. Just good, fun stuff to listen to and escape. Nothing profound. Just rock me a bit and make me forget all my problems. That's what this reminded me of.

All in all, sounded fine to me. But what do I know as I still can't mix for shit. But I liked it.

Kick out the jams MF.

donkey tugger wrote:I'm always bemoaning that when you see/hear demos for guitar related gear, the person is always playing some cheesy blues-based hard rock/metal, so you can't actually tell if the guitar/amp etc is any good for droning chords chords/jangly stuff (proper music...... :hihi: )

Anyway, here's some cheesy blues-based hard rock...

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... e-dogs.mp3

Thanks to those who pointed out on the FL forum that the main guitars were way too spiky in the mid range - sorted now methinks - and the vocals weren't quite sitting right.

Hopefully that nutter has now gone and won't try and nick this one for another of his marvellous youtube videos. :scared:
hell to the yes ...
i think you got a little robin trower on me !..

Oh yeah!!!! It's got attitude. Great title too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

This is excellent! Fantastic guitar work throughout. Killer bass. One of your best mixes -- nice and clear. Vox sound good too. On my third listen now. :tu:

The first 2 seconds of guitar fade-in had me thinking "Foxy Lady".

Great mix. The vocals have a lot of presence and clarity, which isn't always the case with hard-rock music on this forum. The guitars were very tasty throughout, and I loved the psychedelic, wah-wah guitar solo.

And it's got cowbell.

Good work :)

wagtunes wrote:Kind of a cross between The Chambers Brothers and MC 5.

You know, whenever a friend would put something like this on the turntable, I'd be like "Oh cool, some more druggie music." And I'd do the air guitar and/or drums thing. Just good, fun stuff to listen to and escape. Nothing profound. Just rock me a bit and make me forget all my problems. That's what this reminded me of.

All in all, sounded fine to me. But what do I know as I still can't mix for shit. But I liked it.

Kick out the jams MF.
Cheers, you've got to love a bit of the MC5!

experimental.crow wrote: i think you got a little robin trower on me !..
I of course knew the name, but wasn't really aware of his work. Had a bit of listen on youtube and I can see where you're coming from - likes the phaser and chorus on his solos does the lad!

Aloysius wrote:Great title too.
Hehe, I was wondering if anyone would get my rubbish attempt at a joke.. :hihi:

Frantz wrote:This is excellent! Fantastic guitar work throughout. Killer bass. One of your best mixes -- nice and clear. Vox sound good too. On my third listen now. :tu:
Cheers, the bass is Mr S Carbee and his Kontakt Rickenbacker - I just told him what to play.

seismic1 wrote:The first 2 seconds of guitar fade-in had me thinking "Foxy Lady".

Great mix. The vocals have a lot of presence and clarity, which isn't always the case with hard-rock music on this forum. The guitars were very tasty throughout, and I loved the psychedelic, wah-wah guitar solo.

And it's got cowbell.

Good work :)
Ah,, that's the bugger. I deliberately did that first bit as a Hendrix ripoff, but couldn't for the life of me remember which song that intro was from!

The drums are Steven Slate, but strangely there's no cowbell included anywhere in them (massive oversight that....) so I had to use one from Addictive Drums. Poor show Mr Slate - not rock - needs more cowbell.

Fuckin' Rocks! Bass is wicked hot! Great arrangement! :tu:

And, to think, I only came here to congratulate you on your beautiful entry ( :hihi: ) into the Music Cafe competition, this month. Can't stop listening to it :love:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Fuckin' Rocks! Bass is wicked hot! Great arrangement! :tu:

And, to think, I only came here to congratulate you on your beautiful entry ( :hihi: ) into the Music Cafe competition, this month. Can't stop listening to it :love:
Cheers!

Beefy. Love it when the bass and the guitars lock in as a single sonic weapon. Great job.

nineofkings wrote:Beefy. Love it when the bass and the guitars lock in as a single sonic weapon. Great job.
Cheers. With, 'beefy', and, 'sonic weapon', you've got the beginnings of a career in metel journalism there. If you can add the likes of, 'behemoth', and, 'tighter than a Yorkshireman's wallet', to your repertoire then you'll be well on your way. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”