June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tbase2000 wrote:Most of us are that struggling hobby musician. We all want that audience but....What I really want to hear is someone go above and beyond the competition specs and rock a full song ready for radio. Honestly...what is your goal in all of this? Over at the Foxxy Chanel we had some of that. Really professional ready releases. This group has amazing talent and I'm a big fan now of a few of you. Just keep it going. I've seen huge progress in as little as 3 months from most of the submissions. Be authentic and produce your sound. It's fun. You do have talent...just run with it.
The hard part of these is conforming to a theme. I mean if I could just write any old song, no problem. But when you write within a set of rules, that's when, for some of us anyway, it becomes difficult. That's why I did poorly this month. But that could be said for any of us as we're all in the same boat. Point is, some people work better under pressure and restrictions than others. I'm not one of them, which is why I always did poorly in the OSC. The first one of these was a theme I just happened to be comfortable with, which is the only reason I did well.

The upcoming month? Again, have no clue what to do. And then, on top of that, I have to have an Amin7 chord in the song? WTF?

I used to find stuff like this not the least bit enjoyable. Now? Eh, it's something to do. But I just can't take it seriously because of all the rules.

But I agree, some very talented people here.

@Wags. You had a good trak. I thought your submission was fun and creative. We should take it seriously though now at least (I really don't know about the past) because there are others out there putting in the work and making real progress. You can hear it from them. They are getting better. My little formula this month for rating music turned up 4 or 5 ties. The music is good and getting better. It's really time to step up the game and be confident in your skills. I use these themes as incentive to get to work. You cant procrastinate with a deadline.
Last edited by Tbase2000 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June results first thing tomorrow morning! Today's our anniversary and things kind of got away from me!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Hey Jonny, congrats man. You beat me with my own idea. LMAO.

You gotta love it!

Congrats to the top 3 and everybody who came up with some awesome music.

wagtunes wrote:Hey Jonny, congrats man. You beat me with my own idea. LMAO.

You gotta love it!

Congrats to the top 3 and everybody who came up with some awesome music.
Well, since I do credit you, it's as if you beat yourself :lol: thereby adding further credibility to the adage "you are your own worst enemy."

Congrats to TBase2000 for being the champion of the championship!

Jonny Quest wrote:
"you are your own worst enemy."
As Labour politician Ernest Bevin was once alleged to have retorted when someone said fellow MP Herbert Morrison was his own worst enemy, not while I'm alive he isn't.

Sorry! :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote:
Jonny Quest wrote:
As Labour politician Ernest Bevin was once alleged to have retorted when someone said fellow MP Herbert Morrison was his own worst enemy, not while I'm alive he isn't.

I laughed the first time you referenced this ;)

I also read the entire article you linked. Funny stuff.

Jonny Quest wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
Jonny Quest wrote:

I laughed the first time you referenced this ;)

I also read the entire article you linked. Funny stuff.
Always worth a repeat!

Return to “Music Cafe”