Cafe Categorisation??

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Should The Cafe Be Categorised By Genre

Yes Definitely
37%
No Way
23%
Maybe
9%
Do They Serve Cakes
13%
It'll Be Unmanageable Because Everyone Will Want New Categories All The Time
18%
What's The Cafe?
No votes

Total votes: 82

RELATED
PRODUCTS

CypherOne wrote:what's going on fzzz? two tracks in as many days? Production overload....
heh ... dont be silly ...

... just edited the thread title from yesterday

slainte :hihi: rob

pHz wrote:[rant] JUST LIKE WE SHOULD BOYCOTT PEOPLE WHO DONT TAG THEIR TRACKS !!! [/rant] )

slainte :D rob
there are people here posting tunes without having tagged them at least basically? :?

I don't know anyone who would do such a thing... :P
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

pHz wrote:
CypherOne wrote:what's going on fzzz? two tracks in as many days? Production overload....
heh ... dont be silly ...

... just edited the thread title from yesterday

slainte :hihi: rob
oh okay, you had me worried there. I was starting to feel pressure to write something new myself... :lol:

CypherOne wrote:acutally I prefer Glooper's idea of a forced categorisation when posting in the cafe...time to edit my first post again :lol:
Though it would need a little bit of php programming to do this... So we should really check with him/her.

Who writes these pages?... is it Ben (not me or the camel one, the other one)?..

Ben

caps or no for the bracket categories?

lates

t-willy

t-willy wrote:caps or no for the bracket categories?
lates
t-willy
I vote for no !
Easier to read and i'm afraid people will start writng the whole title in capital WHICH I HATE !!!!!

Ixox wrote:
t-willy wrote:caps or no for the bracket categories?
lates
t-willy
I vote for no !
Easier to read and i'm afraid people will start writng the whole title in capital WHICH I HATE !!!!!
editing............again :oops:

lates

t-willy

I hope that there will be some slack in this...

For instance I recently posted a humorous song ('Cupboard luv' if you want to go back a couple of weeks and find it). Most got the joke, but it did fall on some cloth ears.

Had I posted with [hum] or [humorous] then discretion will have to be applied... Not everyone will find it humorous. Likewise, if I post [folk], but it has a searing electric solo in the middle, or a synth, I don't want to be flamed even tho the rest of the ditty has a folky feel.

I know that not everyone is like that here, but you just need to get a post from someone who's had a bad day, and what was a plain song post turns into a riot...

I trust that moderation will persist as it usually does.. :roll: :D

DSP

when tagging my mp3s, WRT the genre, i usually choose 'unknown'.

[unknown] with this you're sure you won't cause any flame war... :D

Expresso for this table please ... but wich kind of expressos do you have ?
:D

good morning btw :wink:

Sorry to say I voted no way; I simply do not agree with music being categorized. What perhaps may be necessary is notification of the length or size of the track since many here are still on the old phone connex.

Mystahr wrote:Sorry to say I voted no way; I simply do not agree with music being categorized. What perhaps may be necessary is notification of the length or size of the track since many here are still on the old phone connex.
don't be sorry Mark, just don't do it again :P

Mystahr wrote:Sorry to say I voted no way; I simply do not agree with music being categorized. What perhaps may be necessary is notification of the length or size of the track since many here are still on the old phone connex.
at least you could enter [no way] and everybody will be happy :D

CypherOne wrote:what's going on fzzz?
Is it fzzz? I've always read it as fitz.

I'm not sure categorization is manageable, because too many would make a joke of it. Unless of course when someone's location reads 'standing right behind you,' that means they really are. :scared:

I think to start, a sticky in the Cafe with suggestd posting guidelines would be a good start.

A quick list of things like:
- indicate style of music in thread title
- best to tag audio files appropriate with at least song title and artist name
- if every frequency band in your track goes to -0DB, and the final wave fiel just looks like a square wave, you are doing something wrong.

etc.

Cheers,
Steve

of course you voted "no way" mr. i-reveiw-every-song-as-soon-as-its-posted-no-matter-what-genre-type-length-whatever-it-is. :P

which i really appreciate it and i know everyone else does too. :D :D :D

but some of us have to pick and choose our reivews i'm afraid. listening and reviewing stuff that we don't normally listen to is a very good thing to do, but at the same time, to help those that do similar types of music you do, a little hint as to what type of song it is would also be nice. just my opinion :roll:

lates

t-willy

Return to “Music Cafe”